[WiP] [MP2-795] Radio Menu Entry (1 Viewer)

Meier

Portal Pro
November 1, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello.
I am missing a Radio Menu Entry - Radio is now running under TV - but not so comfortable.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I will try to take a look at this part. But I'm not sure what the best way is.

Internally TVE3 uses two distinct types: "ChannelGroup" and "RadioChannelGroup". I combine them to one big group list (radio channel groups use negative ids).

But in TVE3.5 there is no longer a mediatype flag on the group, just on the channels. So there it means: a radio channel group is a generic group where only radio channels are included.

For client side this means: we need to distinguish the UI state (TV / Radio) as well as the groups/channels, maybe even the server side interface (which I try to avoid as long as possible, because I also need to keep the MPExtended provider working).

There were some discussions about this already (probably too long ago). Some real TVs show normally TV channel (groups), but allow to switch to "Radio" mode (i.e. by colored keys on remote). This would probably the first step for our solution, adding a way to toggle between TV and Radio in the existing screens. Next step could be an own home tile, which enters the radio state directly.

But I need some more time to think about a good way of integration into MP2 (I usually don't just copy other behavior, like of MP1, exactly)

Saubermann

Portal Member
    March 14, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm using MP 1 as for 7+ years now and the way RADIO is handled, is the only thing that keeps me from using MP 2.

A radio menu entry would be great.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    But in TVE3.5 there is no longer a mediatype flag on the group, just on the channels. So there it means: a radio channel group is a generic group where only radio channels are included.
    Mmmm, I'm pretty sure this is not true.
    It's definitely not true in my branch. There's a "MediaType" property on the ChannelGroup entity which specifies what type it is.
    ...and in the "master" branch I think it's the same:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...erver/TVDatabase/Entities/ChannelGroup.cs#L77

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx , this seems to be a frequent request.

A separate Radio tile in the Audio section would be nice, but I have no idea how much work that would be (with recording function and radio recordings to display of course here rather than in TV). We need to decide if we want to support this or recommend WebRadio to users.

Last edited:

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @morpheus_xx , this seems to be a frequent request.

A separate Radio tile in the Audio section would be nice, but I have no idea how much work that would be (with recording a,d recordings to display of course here rather than in TV). We need to decide if we want to support this or recommend WebRadio to users.
    I think we should offer it, but please not again with 4 different EPG‘s. It would be enough to offer the FullEPG from my point of view. Probably skin files can be reused just with different list sources.

cbr954rr

Portal Pro
    October 31, 2016
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, but you promissed a separate radio menu entry for the next version. Now it is still under tv in 2.2.2. Please change that, radio is not tv, it is music.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Show me, where this was promised. It was just on a to-do-list, but besides this are many other points on this list. The developer, who was dealing with some TV related points is not active any more, so the point moved downwards with regard to prioritisation.

Users who are viewing this thread