[fixed] [4294] No Navigation, if hidden (IsMouseUsed) control initially has the focus (1 Viewer)

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As long as the hidden "close"-button is not visible at all, no navigation is possible.

20130219_102507.png

20130219_102517.png

20130219_102524.png

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think this can be fixed inside the xaml files:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...in/Reflexion/screens/master_homemenu.xaml#L66

You can specify on any FrameworkElement the SetFocusPrio like SetFocusPrio="Default", example here:
    XML:
    <Grid x:Name="ContentPanel" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0" SetFocusPrio="Default">

If you add this property to the text input field, it should work (btw, same applies to VirtualKeyboard and propably all other SuperLayers)

On the other hand, a default focus should be found by SkinEngine, if no preference is set in screen file.

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can specify on any FrameworkElement the SetFocusPrio like SetFocusPrio="Default", example here:
    XML:
    <Grid x:Name="ContentPanel" Grid.Row="2" Grid.Column="0" SetFocusPrio="Default">

If you add this property to the text input field, it should work (btw, same applies to VirtualKeyboard and propably all other SuperLayers)
    This is working nicely. Thanks for the hint.

On the other hand, a default focus should be found by SkinEngine, if no preference is set in screen file.
    That's the reason, why I would like to keep this thread as [BUG] until I've entered this issue into the bug tracker. Even if not default focused control has been found or selected by the skin engines, at least the navigation by remote / keyboard, shouldn't not be broken / disabled.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Should be fixed by change in GenericDialog.xaml.

@Testers please check branch BUG4294_DialogFocus_NoMouse if result is now everywhere as expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's exactly what I am trying to solve. An example is moving from mytvrecordedtv.xml to mytvRecordedInfo. The variable changes from a screen grab thumbnail from the video file to a channel logo during...
    Sums up the problem I am having. Sorry if I wasn't clear. No, #selectedthumb is not preserved on going to the next window. That's...
    Good evening, I have a basic understanding of using skin.setstring and am able to set a skin property when a control gets focus...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 No genres after upgrade to 2.5 DE
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and music are part of the NET6 version as for NET4. If you have issues with it further infos would be good.
    You need to check the wiki for TVMosaic, you have recordings as source available once TVM is installed. And of course images and...
    Make sure that your system (Windows, codecs and drivers) is up to date, matching the Requirements and you've filled in your System...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
    I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
    Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
    Replies
    Views
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP client. MP 1.33 will have 32-bit and 64-bit versions of both the MP client and TV Server. My understanding is that it will not be possible to perform an upgrade install from a 64-bit client + 32-bit TV...
    The problem with MP 1.32 was that the TV Server component was still 32-bit, even when you installed the 64-bit version of the MP...
    This is on a windows 11 latest rev OS: This particular component has been very frustrating. I'm a new potential user, trying to...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom