Ability to run multiple instances of plugin? (1 Viewer)

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Sorry, couldn't make it work. Do I have to copy the plugin to just \plugins\, or to \plugins\windows\, where the rest of the plugins for both AnimeSeries and TVSeries are?

Basically I just keep getting the same error about "WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.Translation.RecentlyAdded not found".

Please let me know how you made them both work.

And yes, I do think it would be cool to be able to use both simultaneously. I tried the other Anime plugin but it doesn't seem to work very well, and even if it did, the MP-Series engine seems to be much more powerfull (ie, I imported all my series and got it working in under one hour).

You're right, I should have described it better. You should place the older ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll next to the MP-AnimeSeries.dll.

Why do you need multiple instances? Wouldn't open database option from GUI be sufficient?
    That way you can have independent databases per user, per series type etc..... I think this would be more efficient and easier to implement than multiple instances.

Why multiple databases? To make two types of series accesible from the main menu. For instance, cartoons for the kids and all the violent, nasty good stuff for us grown-ups. But I think most people will want it for Anime, there are a lot of Anime fans and the only animeplugin out there (by lwerndly) doesn't look as good as MP-TVseries/MP-AnimeSeries imo.
    He IS working on a new one, so I'm excited about that. Untill that time, this will do although it breaks the fanart option in both MP-TVseries and MP-AnimeSeries. I have to disable MP-AnimeSeries if I want to do anything with fanart for MP-TVseries and I manually place my fanart for MP-AnimeSeries.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Sorry, couldn't make it work. Do I have to copy the plugin to just \plugins\, or to \plugins\windows\, where the rest of the plugins for both AnimeSeries and TVSeries are?

Basically I just keep getting the same error about "WindowPlugins.GUITVSeries.Translation.RecentlyAdded not found".

You're right, I should have described it better. You should place the older ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll next to the MP-AnimeSeries.dll.

Thanks! Well, I'll try again, but I might have done that already when testing.

Reading over your posts in ther thread, I realise now that your fix might not apply to me, since I never had an error popping up with that particular file before...Just the line I report when going to configuration...

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Reading over your posts in ther thread, I realise now that your fix might not apply to me, since I never had an error popping up with that particular file before...Just the line I report when going to configuration...

I had that error too, it was when I tried to use a database made by mp-tvseries with mpanimeseries if I remember correctly. Try to clear the database before importing.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009

I had that error too, it was when I tried to use a database made by mp-tvseries with mpanimeseries if I remember correctly. Try to clear the database before importing.

Ah, good! You mean clear as in "delete"?

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

There's an option empty database, that should be enough. You can always delete the actual file, once you've entered a name for the database it's stored in a registry key, so the next time it creates a database with the same name.
    Just remember to use a different name than mptv-series, but that's something tahngarth already said in his instructions.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    I guess an advanced filtering option like showing anything BUT animation would be okay for my girl, but not for me.

Why would that not be OK for you? I really don't understand the problem, the only difference is 1 additional click (home>-tvseries->anime/regular series vs home->anime/TVseries).

I cannot speak for anyone, but I don't see any dev spending huge code reworking for the benefit of a tiny minority.

BTW, I sincerly hope for the sake of the devs that anyone using hacked together multiple instances not report any issues back. Im pretty sure there are all sorts of small or big (crashed db) problems with such an approach.

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I guess an advanced filtering option like showing anything BUT animation would be okay for my girl, but not for me.

Why would that not be OK for you? I really don't understand the problem, the only difference is 1 additional click (home>-tvseries->anime/regular series vs home->anime/TVseries).

I cannot speak for anyone, but I don't see any dev spending huge code reworking for the benefit of a tiny minority.

BTW, I sincerly hope for the sake of the devs that anyone using hacked together multiple instances not report any issues back. Im pretty sure there are all sorts of small or big (crashed db) problems with such an approach.

Why? Convenience. Isn't that what computers are for? Why store beer in my fridge when the store is only 50ft away? Point is: I want easy access to my Anime and not bother my girlfriend with it. And it looks cool from within the main menu. Like I said a few posts back, there isn't a good anime plugin (yet) imo and mptvseries rocks.

And fyi: personally, when if I do have issues with mptvseries, I always doublecheck with animeseries disabled.
    I know the limitations of running them together, I haven't had any issues except for fanart being broken in mptvseries by Tangarth's copy 'hacked together' copy, which is a funny thing to say on open source software anyway. Tangarth tried to make a plugin based on mptvseries and made a good effort, but it could be better. I don't know if he asked Damien for advice or permission.

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009

There's an option empty database, that should be enough. You can always delete the actual file, once you've entered a name for the database it's stored in a registry key, so the next time it creates a database with the same name.
    Just remember to use a different name than mptv-series, but that's something tahngarth already said in his instructions.

Oh, okay...There's a problem with this, my TVSeries database is already full with stuff. So to do what you're saying, I think what I should do is to:

1) make a backup copy of the tvseries database
    2) Empty the tvseries database
    4) copy the emptied tvseries database with a different filename for AnimeSeries
    5) copy the backup of TVseries database to have it all full again.
    6) Configure the AnimeSeries plugin, the part where I point at the new database I created in step 4. This I could never do because of the error I get when entering its configuration.

I think I'll try this, I hope I don't break my TVSeries database...But well, if I do, I'll just reimport everything...

Raytestrak

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 12, 2008
    Honselersdijk
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Oh, okay...There's a problem with this, my TVSeries database is already full with stuff. So to do what you're saying, I think what I should do is to:

1) make a backup copy of the tvseries database
    2) Empty the tvseries database
    4) copy the emptied tvseries database with a different filename for AnimeSeries
    5) copy the backup of TVseries database to have it all full again.
    6) Configure the AnimeSeries plugin, the part where I point at the new database I created in step 4. This I could never do because of the error I get when entering its configuration.

I think I'll try this, I hope I don't break my TVSeries database...But well, if I do, I'll just reimport everything...

That should do it. As long as you have a copy of your database for mptvseries, nothing can go wrong. Should you screw up mptvseries, you can always make a copy of your copy and rename it to the tv series database and try again. Maybe it isn't even necessary: when you enter a different name for the mpanimeseries database and close the configuration applet, it should create a new database when you start configuration again ... I think :p

FdL

Portal Pro
    April 17, 2009
    Just tried this, and it gives me exactly the same error. Actually, I can't see how this is the way to fix it, since it doesn't get to touch any database, because it doesn't start the configuration program... v.v

Users who are viewing this thread