[Feature Req] aMPdroid roadmap (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @DieBagger
    I do have some ideas to make aMPdroid more user friendly.
    Do you collect such ideas onto a roadmap and do you have any plans for further development of the app?

Thx

DieBagger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2007
    Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello @DieBagger

Do you collect such ideas onto a roadmap and do you have any plans for further development of the app?

Thx

The next big step is to clean up the code and remove lots of legacy stuff (like the slideup menu and the quickactions)... Also instead of the homescreen there will be a NavigationDrawer (see screens). This will make it possible for users to change which plugins are shown (e.g. MovingPictures or/and MyFilms/MyVideos).

But feel free to share your ideas, I'm always open for suggestions...

Attachments

• device-2013-07-14-213346.png
      device-2013-07-14-213346.png
      77.4 KB
    • device-2013-07-14-213554.png
      device-2013-07-14-213554.png
      402 KB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    To choose the used movie db was one of my ideas :)

What else:
    I'm using MPExtended on my tv-server. I sync all the databases and fanart ect. from one of my clients to the server. Onto the server there is no wifiremote installed and the mePo client does never run.
    For such an environment it would be nice to have a choice to use the remote features of aMPdroid or to use it not. Now everytime when I start aMPdroid it tells me that it is not connected to the client and I have to fill the client details in aMPdroid which I don't need.

Another idea:
    Choose the encoding profile based on the used network technologie.
    This could work with user defined profiles.
    For example:
    One profile for internal LAN use via WIFI: here the user could set the encoding to direct if his device can handle this
    Another for 3G network access: the user could choose low quality encoding profiles for recordings, tv, movies
    And a "midrange" profile for vpn-access via a wifi network with other settings.
    The user could predefine these profiles and choose one of them on the start screen. Then there is no need anymore to have these options when starting a stream. Perhaps it is also possible to choose the profile automated based on the access technology.

And for music:
    It would be very nice to have the albumartist field to choose albums of a artist.

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    And for music:
    It would be very nice to have the albumartist filed to choose albums of a artist.
    I think that's more of a long-standing MPExtended issue than an aMPdroid problem.

ay129

Portal Pro
    October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hello @DieBagger

Thx

The next big step is to clean up the code and remove lots of legacy stuff (like the slideup menu and the quickactions)... Also instead of the homescreen there will be a NavigationDrawer (see screens). This will make it possible for users to change which plugins are shown (e.g. MovingPictures or/and MyFilms/MyVideos).

But feel free to share your ideas, I'm always open for suggestions...

Looks pretty fantastic and so very clean. When can we have it? :D

JSurf

Portal Pro
    November 27, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I would love to see more recording options available like in the other interfaces (MP Client, WebMediaPortal):
    - record once, always record on this channel, record weekly and so on...since it is available in WebMediaPortal, its already there in MPExtended

Also an option to delete recorded files,recorded tv series,recorded movies from ampdroid would be cool. I think this feature is missing in MPExtended also it would have to be added there first. Would love to see this feature in WebMediaPortal aswell. It would allow to build more complete clients on top of MPExtended. (Think Android-TV-Stick as a "full" client to Mediaportal).

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Also an option to delete recorded files,recorded tv series,recorded movies from ampdroid would be cool. I think this feature is missing in MPExtended also it would have to be added there first.
    Already implemented in the MPExtended dev version ;)

Sinbe

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    For me the biggest problem with touch screen remotes is the fact that you have to look at the buttons to make sure you are pressing the right one. With a 7 inch tablet in landscape mode there's a white unused square on the right side and the buttons on the left. The right side could be used for some basic gesture controls, like "right sweep"="next", "click"="pause", "double click"="stop" and so on. I don't know how hard this would be to implement, but I'd like to see it in aMPdroid in the future.

jimbeam128

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello DieBagger,

I´m new on the smartphone-sector, just installed MPExtended and aMPdroid and I love it!

From my point of view it absolutely awesome to wake up my HTPC by phone, browse through the EPG or select my favorite Radio channel and control the volume with the hardware-Buttons on the phone. I really appreciate your work and your solution!

I also have a request what would not be new to you:

It would be great if we could also have the possibility to browse our picture-database on the phone and bring it fullscreen on the tv and start a dia-show. - Some kind of "apple air-play".

I´m sure this will require a lot of development and work...

Thanks a lot for your work so far and I´m curious about the way aMPdroid will go on

thehobbit

Portal Member
    July 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi!

thanks for an nice app.

I was wondering if it is possible to implement an cec menu into the app wich can turn on/turn off tv and amplifier? would be quite handy when all you want is to play music and there is no need to keep tv on to turn off tv from the app. And sometimes I need to turn tv on and the only way to do so is to do it manually or restart mp. (my tv doesn't support wake by lan).

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread