Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

chlodny - glad that worked! Thanks for posting your files.

@all users - Just an update on 3.1 release. We are all ready. However, the new Fanart Handler Plugin RC is soon to be released. And it fixes at least one more bug. If we release now, then you will have to reindex all music fanart you download using the plugin when the new version is released. So I thought it was worth waiting another day or so to save you guys all the hassle and confusion. Sorry for the delay!

Our testers - Reg, ixdvc, photopeter and Marvenius have done a ton of work testing and we all owe them a lot of thanks for catching a lot of little things I missed and giving me great design feedback and suggestions to make 3.1 an even better skin. Three cheers to you guys!!! How about a standing ovation? :D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

The latest version of Fanart Handler RC2 looks like a keeper :) The final release - 1.0 - is scheduled for tomorrow. So if all goes well with that, I will post the download for aMPed 3.1 then (January 20 - I get till midnight right?). Then you can all work with a stable version of the plugin. I don't think any plugin has ever been this thoroughly tested by so many users! So it should be working pretty smoothly for you all!

Here's hoping!
    Cheers!

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

:oops:Allright, I forgot you don't speak Polish when I was posting the last file. Here's the correct version with English strings. Also I made files for My uTorrent and My Torrents. The only part of the plugin which isn't supported is My Azureus. I don't use that program so I can't make a skin file for that. Maybe someone else could do it. :)

After reading the last Dadeo's post:

Aaah! I thought it'll be this night... Damn! Another 26 hours of waiting...:(

Oh, and here's an another thing: I've just upgraded MP to 1.1 Beta and the backdrops in the home screen look weird. Have a look at the attached picture. Any ideas?

Attachments

• amped.jpg
      amped.jpg
      31.4 KB
    • MyPodcasts&MyTorrents.zip
      30.7 KB

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

aMPed is really targeted towards MP 1.0.2
    Dadeo is supporting as many stable plugins as possible, even sneaked in a few "unstable" ones as eg fanart and Moving Pictures. I've tested on an old MP 1.1 (no recent svn), but did not have the same effect. Currently I do not have an MP 1.1 install. When possible I'll check to see if I have the same effect.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey Chlodny, are you using latest MP 1.1 SVN? That looks like a bug that existed in MP 1.1 Beta with multiimage controls, but has since been fixed. I know a number of users have been using aMPed without problems on MP 1.1. Maybe they can reply with the version they are using?

Fanart Handler Ver 1.0 has now been released. I am just waiting for our testers to double check everything is still working and then I will post the download on Google Code, either tonight or tomorrow morning. It takes a while to re-scrape all the music fanart to test properly and thoroughly, but we are going as fast as we can!

In the meantime, try updating your MP to latest SVN and see if that solves your Image problems.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Okay, I understand - it's the risk of using Beta versions:D Also, I don't know if you have the same problem: I had it even on 1.0.2.0 version. When I go to the TV Guide and check, for example, airings of next episodes of a series, I get always the description of the episode which I went to the list through. However, if I change the skin to Blue3, do the same, change back to aMPed and check the list of episodes again, the problem disappears until I restart the MP. Is it a bug?

Attachments

• House2 (Large).JPG
      House2 (Large).JPG
      80.5 KB
    • House (Large).JPG
      House (Large).JPG
      80.9 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Chlodny - Thanks for catching that! How come you are not an aMPed Tester? :D

Alas, here in India there is no source of good EPG data so we have to rely on Microsoft's crappy one which does not supply episode data and is constantly out of date. So I never noticed that! Not that I ever watch 'live' TV anymore as it is faster and easier to download than to record!

So can you check the attached file for me? The layout will be a bit different (3.1 version), but I think you should be able to test it.

P.S.: Please check the Program Time and Genre as well, in case those change too!

Attachments

• mytvprogram.xml
      30.6 KB

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Yeah, now it's awesome! :D I wouldn't get that if I didn't upgrade to 1.1 Beta. In older versions MP didn't recognize episode numbers so I thought it should be like that (I never used Blue3 to be honest) but now I realized that something's wrong:D Dadeo, thanks for resolving the problem so quickly! And about the EPG for India - don't you have any nice TV programme sites? I mean - over a billion people is a big market and no one wants to start such a business? Of course I might be wrong because I have no idea about conditions there but even if only 5% of the citizens use the Internet regulary, it's still 55 million people! More than Poles:D

Edit: Okay, I get it. Just googled TV programme india searching only for the .in sites and there's no description in any of them, just like you said - no good source:(

Now, sorry for the offtopic, let's focus on the aMPed 3.1:D

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Chlodny are you up late or early? ;) I am just working on revising it some more. I think it would be better to show the Description's instead of having to go to the menu. It will make the list shorter, but easier to just scroll through the listings. I am thinking to do the same thing for Recorded and Scheduled TV. As I don't us it much, I think you get to decide. You earned something for finding that bug :D

About EPG in India. There are two good sites now - Indian TV Guide | Program Schedules | Movie Listings | Top Indian Channels | Sports Timings and Indian Online TV Guide - Find TV Shows, Movies and Channel Schedules | burrp!TV Guide but neither offer XMLTV data although I keep trying to talk them into it. They are TV professionals and don't get the value of doing it for free! Which is pretty narrow minded IMO! You cannot grab EPG from the satellite cable signals here yet. I used to do WebEPG for the 350 channels here, but they keep changing site formats and it was way too much work! So now I just use mc2xml which accesses Microsoft's crappy data. HTPC is still new in India and just growing. With a rather techie middle class, over 350,000, it is a huge market, but so much trouble no one has 'tapped' it yet :D I think MP could!

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

I was up way too late when I was writing the last post:) I don't know if I understood correctly - you want to take the descriptions out of the left side menu and make it always visible by putting it e.g. in the bottom right corner?
    And about the EPG: I just thought I might help as I made grabbers for Poland (very necessary since the provider's site of ready TVGuide.xml files is down:D) but if you say you've already done it and they keep changing sites' code...

Users who are viewing this thread