Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi photopeter - looks very nice! Very very close to what I did for aMPed 3.1. I must say I preferred the logos at the bottom though, maybe a little smaller. I know it is nice to have them larger so they are easy to read, but they end up a bit overpowering. Have you started testing 3.1 yet? If so, you can compare and we can discuss them and work out the best features of each for 3.1.

I will definitely include the category logos as an 'extra' download on Google Code when we release aMPed 3.1, hopefully in a week if testers get finished. Thank you very much! Iirc, MovingPictures team has a plan to included localization so you won't need to duplicate the images for each language.

@All Users - I have added a poll about Fanart display in Icons/Filmstrips layouts. Some users find the fanart makes it hard to view the images, others like it. I keep changing my mind! So let the users rule! Poll deadline is a week!

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Attachments

• My Streams.JPG
      My Streams.JPG
      36.8 KB
    • Podcasts.JPG
      Podcasts.JPG
      46 KB
    • MyStreams&MyPodCasts.zip
      30.7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi Chlodny - thanks for the skin files! If you would like a plugin supported in aMPed 3.1 just add a request to our Issue Tracker.

I did take a look at the MyStreams plugin before and it looks interesting. I may be able to add that and update your skin file for aMPed 3.1 since the skin files look pretty simple.

aMPed used to support My Torrents. There are two versions of the plugin and neither one seems to be 'maintained' at the moment. So I removed it from aMPed 3.0. I try and only support maintained plugins in aMPed to not confuse new users who may think if aMPed supports it, that it is working :) I would not wish to support only part of a plugin, but I am waiting/hoping for a release of the 'newer' My Torrents and hope that it includes proper installlation instructions. When it does I will gladly add it to aMPed.

Automerged Doublepost
    I just checked out MyStreams plugin and it is still only a test version, so I won't add it to aMPed yet. However, I will update your skin file for 3.1 and post it here once aMPed 3.1 is released.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Actually it wasn't a request:) Perhaps I used a wrong word:) I'm quite happy with my skin files but if you just had a look at them 'cause the font color in My PodCasts' folders is too dark and I can't figure out what to change to make it the same as the rest of the skin. Also when you get into a folder then the the font of the podcast list looks like it was bold. Could you help me with that, please?

chlodny

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Actually it wasn't a request. Perhaps I used a wrong word
    No you didn't, I just misunderstood :)

Since I don't have those plugins installed, I can't use/see your skin files. The above screenshots look 'normal' to me. Do they show the problems you are referring to? If not, PM me links to screenshots that do show the problem. And I will see what I can figure out.

I looked at your skin files and they look fine to me. If you are referring to the color of text in the lists, that would be defined in the imported facade - common.facade.radio.xml in the case of podcasts. If no textcolor is defined in the facade view, then it uses the default text colors defined in references.xml for the facade - i.e. liscontrol. However, references.xml defines 'global' settings so they would affect the text color in all listcontrols.

I'm glad to help you out more if you can give me a bit more information. Thanks for posting your skin files for others to use ;)

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Hi Dadeo, thanks for the reply:)

Allright, have a look at these screens. They use the same facade but look different. I have no idea what I did wrong so I hope you might come up with something. About that podcast list - it's not bold. I thought so because of the contrast with the dark fonts in the main list. So the podcast list is fine but the feed list it too dark. Have you any ideas?

Attachments

• Podcasts.jpeg
      Podcasts.jpeg
      58.1 KB
    • radio.JPG
      radio.JPG
      59.2 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi chlodny - yes I can see what you mean now. I don't think you did anything 'wrong' that I can see, but I can give you a couple of suggestions of things to try.

1. Move <import>common.facade.radio.xml</import> to right after the Menu (aciton group) or right before and see if that makes a diff.
    2. Test a different facade like common.facade.music.xml or common.facade.pictures.xml just to see if it does the same thing.
    Let me know the results and it may give me a clue to the source of problem.

kcpent

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Lake Macquarie
    Home Country

ok, call me dopey, but was very happy to see the google hosting announcing amped 3.1, downloaded strait away, however the download is for 3.0... where can i get the 3.1 installer??????? BTW.... dont forget to backup your fanart, in the process of installing what i thought was 3.1 i accidentaly deleted ALL my fanart (587 JPG files) OOOPPPPS. Never mind

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hi kcpent, sorry about that, I must apologize. I updated the Wiki pages to 3.1 for testers to check/use them but download is still 3.0 . I guess I should have left the old Wiki pages up, but I thought 3.1 would be released by now.

The Quick Start Guide does tell you to backup first to save your fanart :) 3.1 is just in the final (I hope) stages of testing and if we don't find any major bugs it should be released in a few days. However, if you would like to be a tester, let me know and I can send you the links. Testing is quite a lot of work so I really appreciate those guys who are actually doing it.

kcpent

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Lake Macquarie
    Home Country

hey, no prb, gives me a good excuse to move from basic video to moving pictures anyway... i would love to help, but i am not sure i have the experience, no xml knowledge etc, what i am gonna do now is totally remove amped 3.0, install latest moving pictures and amped 3.1 and start from there. i only use mp for playback of video files (movies and tv series plugin) so i am not sure if i can help, however i am using 1.02 so just let me know!!! thanks... ps, do you think we will see a 16:9 version of amped???

Users who are viewing this thread