chlodny

Portal Pro
September 18, 2009
Silesia
Home Country
Poland Poland
Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

Hi Dadeo!

Well, I've tried your solutions but none of them worked. I'm not sure about the construction of the file since I actually added the necessary things at the start and end of the file. The rest was done by the method of tries and errors:) I'd try to put a string to tell the program which color the font should be but I'm not sure which part of the file is responsible for the feed list. Could you take a look at that, please? You'd know that, I'm sure:)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

You would have to set the textcolor in the facade - which makes no sense because your screenshots show the text the correct color using the same facade in another window! But you can try in common.facade.radio.xml (or whatever facade xml you are currently using) and see what happens: <textcolor>FFdddddd</textcolor> is what references.xml sets it to. So try adding <textcolor>white</textcolor> to the listcontrol. If you add the tag to the facade xml it will override the references tag.

Just to check, when you used a diff facade it was still the same right? If so, it is not the facade then. Thus, it is unlikely that textcolor tag will help. It makes me wonder if the plugin is somehow using a diff property for the text and that is why it is a diff color even though it is the same facade? Or perhaps it is because you are only using part of the plugin and it has settings in a 'main' xml that are required? Since I don't know the plugin, it is hard to say. But here are all the tags that can affect the color of text in a facade, so you can try them all! The ones below are the current settings.

<shadedColor>20ffffff</shadedColor>
    <selectedColor>ffa9d0f7</selectedColor>
    <selectedColor2>ffdddddd</selectedColor2>
    <playedColor>ffa9d0f7</playedColor>
    <textcolorNoFocus>FFdddddd</textcolorNoFocus>
    <textcolor>FFdddddd</textcolor>
    <textcolor2>ffa9d0f7</textcolor2>
    <textcolor3>ffdddddd</textcolor3>
    <remoteColor>ff808080</remoteColor>
    <downloadColor>ff80ff80</downloadColor>
    <disabledcolor>60ffffff</disabledcolor>
    <dimColor>90ffffff</dimColor>
    <unfocusedAlpha>190</unfocusedAlpha>

I would try changing to <dimColor>ffffffff</dimColor> and <unfocusedAlpha>220</unfocusedAlpha> first as they are the most likely to cause 'dim' text and in your screenshot it looks like that is what is happening. You can add any of the above tags to the listcontrol in common.radio.facade.xml. Hope that helps! Welcome to the world of skinning - endless trial and error and a bit of rubbing your lucky charm!

BTW, have you tried it in Blue3? Does your xml work there?

kcpent

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Lake Macquarie
    Home Country

hi, can anyone help, downloaded amped from google hosting and the installer does not work.. itr is looking for amped 3.1 installer???? help please?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey kcpent - I need a bit more info. What file did you download and from which link?

marvenius

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2008
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

hi, can anyone help, downloaded amped from google hosting and the installer does not work.. itr is looking for amped 3.1 installer???? help please?
    The installer available from google code pages is not for 3.1 as it is not available for download yet. It has not been released yet.
    So whatever it is you are doing, it is not for 3.1 Unless you are building yourself..
    Please provide more information.

kcpent

Portal Member
    December 25, 2009
    Lake Macquarie
    Home Country

Hi there....

When i download aMPedSetup.msi from Downloads - amped - Project Hosting on Google Code and try to run the installer, the message i get is as follows...

"The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.
    Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package 'aMPedSetup3.1.msi' in the box below."

Does this make any sense to you??? what am I doing wrong???

(Thanks, but i don't know how to "thank" you so it shows in posts, but thanks anyway)

:D:sorry:

I fixed the prob, dont know why but i just renamed the installer to aMPedSetup3.1.msi and the installation ran through and completed... sorry to hassle everyone....

PS.. cant wait for aMPed 3.1 to become availabe.... is there an ETA yet???

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey, that's a good one for the History books! Good work figuring that out! And the Thanks button is dimmed in the lower right of a post beside the Reply and Quote button. Took me ages to notice it!

ETA: I was planning on tomorrow. Jan 15 (today) was the deadline for testers. And don't forget, some of our testers are almost a day behind you in NZ! A couple had trouble with installation due to 64 bit OS, Non English OS, etc. These issues have been resolved, but since they were not able to start testing right away, I felt it was fair to give them a bit of an extension to test fully. I was hoping the Fanart Handler Plugin would be out of beta, just in case there are some changes required. but it looks like that might not happen.

So I am hoping to release 3.1 in 48 hrs from .... 3, 2, 1 NOW! Start the countdown!

As you pointed out before, the new Wiki Pages are done.

So anyone who wants to get a head start can read all about the new features on the Project Home Page. Check all the changes in the Changelog. Read the Quick Start Guide, which also now links to all other relevant Wiki pages. And upgrade any plugins you use to the new verisons of Supported Plugins.

No point just sitting there waiting now is there :D

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Hi Dadeo!

Well I have no idea how to make that font white. I even made a special facade for My PodCasts and tried to mess with that but the list is still gray. I also put the files to the Blue3 directory and the font is orange there:) It's not annoying, really and I think I'll give up:) Thanks for the help!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada

Hey Chlodny, that is very interesting that you got orange text in Blue3. Was it a slightly peachy orange? Because the only place Blue3 uses that color afaik is for remotecolor in listcontrol and playlist control. Also as selectedcolor in up/down and checklist controls. But aMPed uses light blue for selectedcolor in up/down and checklist controls. However, aMPed uses a darker grey for remote color which is what it looks like you are getting. So I am guessing the plugin is using this color because the stations are 'remote' i.e not local on your system. If I am right, just try adding <remoteColor>FFDDDDDD</remoteColor> to the listcontrol AND the playlist control, in whatever common.facade you are using. It's worth one more try, since it is easy.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Yes! It works! Now it has the color I wanted to get:) Thanks Dadeo! Oh, and also I'm attaching the files which show My PodCasts perfectly:) Thank you very much!

Attachments

• My PodCasts.zip
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread