aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed (2 Viewers)

joz

Portal Pro
March 17, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Smolle:

Thanks! We know about this and already fixed it, will be part of next release.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    :oops:

I ran into a glitch with Powerstrip. My HD channels developed a surge of motion, like a sudden and momentary speed-up of frame rate that happened every couple seconds, continuing throughout the broadcast. Very annoying. I had to remove Powerstrip to fix the problem. Apparently, system timings are extremely critical.

So, I'm back to the overscan issue on my TV. I have to run it in underscan to use aMPed and not have elements run off-screen, but then there is again the issue of top/bottom alignment and brightness bloom.

It is not an issue specific to aMPed... most other 4x3 skins also fit too closely to the borders, for my particular set-up. I'm happy for those who get this to work.

oh well......

Chuck

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Weird issue Chuck,

I finally got to a point I think I'm understanding your problem completely. The only real solution I can offer you is buying new kit, especially the videocard and start using composite or s-video. But as I have heard you are not to keen on going back in quality picture wise, I can understand that. However now you have other issues as well, if it were me I would go for the solution that works, although lesser quality but ofcourse that's all up to you.
    A new vidcard with composite will cost you around 30 dollars, cabling another 10 (if you're not bridging miles from the HTPC :))

If I can speak for the amped team (mostly for Dadeo), we kinda decided that your situation is so specific (and actually affects all skins) that we will not redesign our whole skin for one user. Sorry but that's how we feel and I thought you should know that.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    @2BitSculptor:

If i select a resolution of 1024x768 all 4x3 Skins fits correct.

Thanks for the suggestion Smolle. I have already tried that solution. MP is visually identical at both 800x600 and 1024x768, and are scaled to fit the same NTSC frame, so the display has the same issue for me. As well the problem with legibility when doing maintainance in MP-config and other win based apps, the text size is too small to read in 1024x768 on the TV.

joz has stated the only obvious solution, as I had already determined as well, if changing the placement of elements in the skin is not do-able, then a new purchase of hardware is necessary, but presently, not possible.

best regards,

Chuck

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    2BitSculptor:

of course it is doable to change the skin but you have to weigh out the effort that it will take (which will be lots and lots, not to mention testing everything again) and the advantage gained from it. I think the scales are tipping in one direction pretty bad.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Dont suppose there is a remote button that will jump one day or more?
    Yep in TVGuide use skip and replay on remote to change days.

EDIT: Oops, I forgot I programmed those buttons, the defaults don't include a setting to change days!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Using SVN

For all SVN users - a number of changes and fixes are now in SVN.

For instructions: Using SVN. Please note the new checkout url - aMPed SVN has been restructured.

To see all the latest changes: SVN Changes

To see what we are working on now and planning for the next release: Issue Tracker

I have updated the first post with links for using SVN with aMPed 3.0. So you can always check back there if you can't find this post later.

@smole - please note, the fix for the MiniTVGuide is in SVN. Sorry for that one, I missed putting the latest version in the release :oops:

Reg

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2008
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @2BitSculptor:

If i select a resolution of 1024x768 all 4x3 Skins fits correct.

I can choose different resolutions for my TV I can have anything from 640 x 480 up to 1024 x 768. The thing is that if I tell my ATI graphics card to set 720 x 576 on TV then I get a fatter black border at top and bottom of screen than I do if set to 800 x 600 or 1024 x 768 I hate those fat black borders, I like the picture to fill as much of the screen as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread