aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed | Page 10

Discussion in 'aMPed' started by Dadeo, September 17, 2009.

1. pk74

pk74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am using MP 1.1.0 Beta. I also use TVSeries, and it does load when i press enter/ok on the missing button - its just that the button doesn't show..

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    That's odd PK74, I just tested 3.0 here and the button shows for me! I wonder if they changed the label code for MP 1.1.0? I don't have it installed yet as I still have to support 1.0.2 (which is what aMPed officially supports as 1.1.0 is still beta). But I know other users have been using MP 1.1.0 without your problem. Which version of TV Series are you using? aMPed supports version 2.3, but I know there have been a few 'hot fixes' released since then, so...

Anyway, it doesn't matter, I can tell you how to fix it. Are you comfortable editing xml files? You can do it in Notepad.

1. Open BasicHome.xml in the aMPed skin Folder
    2. Find <label>109811</label> (that is the code for the label TV Series as found in MP Program Files folder\languages\strings_en.xml)
    3. Change 109811 to TV Series - or whatever you wish, like TV Shows if you prefer
    4. Save the BasicHome.xml to aMPed folder and also to aMPed\Layouts\BasicHome\MovPics (3.0) Mod (in case you switch layouts at some point you will still have the fix)

Let me know if that works for you.

If you are the inquisitive sort, you can check in the strings_en.xml file mentioned above and search for TV-Series (with the dash) and see if the code is still 109811 in the version of MP you have.

4. pk74

pk74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you, changing the label worked great!

5. photopeter

photopeter Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +27 / 0
    Home Country:
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Any chance of having a Moving Pictures V1.0 Update to aMPed 3.0????

6. pk74

pk74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, new display problem. When playing a movie, using the skip forward, pause, or skip backwards buttons, the display seems off. See the screen shots below. Doesn't happen when playing a TV episode (per the 2nd screenshot):

Movies
    [​IMG]

Tv
    [​IMG]

7. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Yes, as soon as 4:3 support is provided! It was not released with Beta and will not be available until 1.0.1 release - so complain to the developers! (Star the issue in MovingPictures Issue Tracker)

There is already an issue in the aMPed Issue Tracker as well, so you can star that if you wish to keep track of our progress in aMPed.

aMPed only supports stable versions of plugins, so hopefully 1.0.1 will be stable enough to release in aMPed 3.1 (coming soon I hope!). It always takes me longer to support aMPed due to the large font sizes which MP and most plugins do not support well. So I have to do a lot of workarounds to get things working well.

@pk74
    It looks to me like you have an overscan issue. Do you have the same results using the default Blue3 skin? aMPed uses the same positions for the progress bar (which is what that is called). I gather you are using 800x600 screen resolution? What type of connection do you use? What graphics card and driver? You should add your system specs using the UserCP button (top bar, left item in this forum). Then we won't have to ask you every time you post a problem. ;)

The 'best' way to deal with overscan issues imo, is to use your graphics driver to resize the screen for your display. This has worked well for most users, and many users have used aMPed with 800x600. You will have many other display problems as well if you don't set up overscan.

EDIT: Automerged Double Post:
    :oops: - just saw that Damien provided Blue3 files in the MovingPictures Issue Tracker, so I will get to work on that right away!

8. pk74

pk74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thx for the profile tip - I have updated it!

Yes to 800x600 screen resolution, but I don't have that issue with the default skins. Card is Nvidia 8600GT with drivers 8.16.11.9062 from 08/17/2009, using s-video out direct to the TV.

After googling overscan and this specific card, it seems that I am out of luck, and will need a new video card to correct the overscan issue. Either that,or fall back to drivers from 2007!

9. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Weird - it's still not showing! You should have a "My System" button below your forum name in each post.

Another weird one since aMPed is using the same positions as Blue3 (4:3 not wide). Can you post screenshots of how those screens look in Blue3? That might give me some clue to try and solve your problem.

I use nVidia 8600GTS and screen resizing is supported. It may be because you are using S-Video out? The card/drivers are fussy about connections. I have read of users having problems with the S-Video cables. Are you using the one provided with the card? Some S-Video cables do not support all pins required by nVidia cards.

I'm no expert, but if it is easy, I would try a composite connection just to test if that works. If it does, then try another S-Video cable (if you are not using the one that came with the card)

EDIT: To get your 'My System' button to show, you have to "Edit System Specification" in the User CP

10. pk74

pk74 Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    FYI - I had to roll back to driver 182.50 to find settings to adjust over/underscan on s-video. Gah!

11. Dadeo
    • Premium Supporter

Dadeo Docs Group Manager

Ratings:
    +3,053 / 0
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    So did that manage to solve all your display issues?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!