aMPed 3.0 - revaMPed (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Think I didn't delete aMPed 2.0 and just installed 3.0 over the old skin. Could that cause the problem in any way?
    At least that is very easy to test, just remove aMPed using the installer, clear your cache, make sure there is no skin\amped folder left and then reinstall.

bonkers

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 13, 2007
    Hi! Nice skin!!

Its perfect for my CRT-TV.
    One Question: Supports your skin the ShoutcastDirectory Plugin?
    When i launch the Shoutcast Plugin i get a file missing error.
    It will be cool when you support the ShoutcastDirectory Plugin.
    I love internet radio!

Thank you!

Bye

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not yet. I'll take a look at it. aMPed does support the Radiotime plugin for internet radio (I love it too!). Have you tried Radiotime?

EDIT: What about MyStreamRadio? Have you tried that plugin? It also supports Shoutcast and seems to have better support. Is the Shoutcast plugin still being supported? There has not been a new release for almost a year and I could not see any posts from the developer since then. But I only took a quick look :)

jamiro

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi Dadeo,

I have had the new skin installed in the lounge rooom for a while now, the family likes the new basichome screen and they have adjusted well to how the menus work. A few times the basichome menu has failed, when you press right you just get blank no submenus, we talked about this during testing, but were unable to replicate it. This has happenned a few times, but again i don't know what is setting it off. pressing the home button on my remote or just pressing OK on one of the main menu items seems to fix it, so its no big deal, just one of those niggly things. Has this happenned for anyone else? Maybe I have done something weird with my edits/customising.

I spent quite a bit of time customising my menus and appearance, found it a little harder than the old basichome to edit, but I have got the hang of it now, just a matter of knowing what bits do what. Besides changing some of the main menu and submenu items I also commented out the logo/thumbnail that InfoService displays on the news ticker in the bottom left. I also had to edit the rssnews xml because with my list width set to 410 the list items would overun onto the scrolling news item. I just did a quick edit to narrow the scrolling news txt and move it over the right a bit further.

The backdrops are a nice touch, but i wanted them to display on some screens and not others so again a quick edit was needed :)

A great skin, Moving Pictures (with taglines removed ;-) ) My Films and My Music look fantastic with fanart.

The installer/config program is a godsend.

The family is happy and accepted the new skin, so I'm smiling.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @Jamiro - family acceptance, wow, lucky man! :) I don't think your problem with the BasicMenu submenus going blank is due to your edits. I still get it occasionally and I think it is when something runs in the background but I have not yet been able to identify it. Since it is infrequent and inconsistent it is very hard to isolate the cause and no error message appears anywhere!

Good point about the RSS News feeds. I will fix that. It also applies to Infoservice news feeds. Since we added the ability to select your own list widths (i.e 410 like you have) I need to go through everywhere and limit those where text will overlap with a longer list width, or else adjust the layout to accommodate a width of 410!

About the backdrops, I don't know if you discovered this yet, but if you turn ALL backdrops off you will get large posters/covers on many windows - Videos, TV-Series, My Trailers, I can't remember them all :) I hope to get that working everywhere for the next release in case some users don't want backdrops/fanart anywhere.

Great you got it all working for you Jamiro. You deserve a lot of the credit for testing it all so well and giving me such great and detailed feedback. :D

@ ned_flanders - did you get MyHome working? If not, try using fix scrollbars in MP Config on the Home Plugin Configuration and let me know if that works. First check if it is on, cuz that could cause the problem

EDIT: @ Reg, thanks, it helps me to know you are having the same problem with the BasicHome submenus. I will try and figure it out. Since you have less plugins than I do, can you try disabling them - especially the ones that do background lookups like MovingPictures and TVSeries and let me know if it still happens? Thanks.

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just finished the first draft of the ForTheRecord skin files. If anyone's willing to test, PM me.

ned_flanders

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Detmold
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Dadeo,

first of all sorry for the late answer, I was a little bit busy last days.
    Completely de- and reinstalling the skin couldn't fix the problem.
    I had a look at the mentioned "fix scrollbars" setting in Home Plugin configuration - it was turned off. Turning it on also didn't fix the problem.
    But then turning it off again DID fix the problem :)
    What might have been wrong there?

Greetings
    Stefan

joz

Portal Pro
    March 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    ned_flanders:

Not sure what's up with that. the best I can come up with is that something in you mediaportal.xml or some other config file was messed up and by assigning new values got fixed.

ned_flanders

Portal Pro
    December 17, 2007
    Detmold
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yep, must have been anything like that. Anyway, many thanks for your effort :)
    Hopefully it will last sometime ^^

Another little thing: Do you have an hover pic in the style of the other hover pics for the Music Videos plugin or are you planning to implement one?

Users who are viewing this thread