Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Re: aMPed 3.0 (4:3) - revaMPed!

I don't know if I understood correctly - you want to take the descriptions out of the left side menu and make it always visible by putting it e.g. in the bottom right corner?
    Yes but bottom left below the list. Several testers also requested it, so I went ahead and did it :)
    And about the EPG: I just thought I might help as I made grabbers for Poland (very necessary since the provider's site of ready TVGuide.xml files is down:D) but if you say you've already done it and they keep changing sites' code...
    Yep, if you have done grabbers, you know what I mean! Take a look at the format of that first link I posted. If you can figure out a grabber for that, it would be awesome! That site seems pretty stable now. But I have not had time to get one working. But if you could, then we could add India to the list of grabbers and there are a lot of users in India trying to find a decent EPG for their HTPC!

is everyone else patiently waiting here for Dadeo to post the good news???
    Yes! I am!!! and not very patiently either! We ran into one bug which I think I have fixed but I have to wait for testers to confirm. Unfortunately, we all have 'lives' and diff time zones, so I have to wait for them to have time to test. But everything else is done and ready, and I hope to post the download tonight. Probably tomorrow for you guys 'downunder'.

chlodny

Portal Pro
    September 18, 2009
    Silesia
    Home Country
    Poland Poland

Yes but bottom left below the list. Several testers also requested it, so I went ahead and did it :)
    Hmm... I'm not sure about changing that. Actually it would make the skin inconsistent as all other parts like Moving Pictures, Videos, TV Series will have descriptions hidden in the menu:) Maybe you should give the people an opportunity to choose on their own after install:D

Yep, if you have done grabbers, you know what I mean! Take a look at the format of that first link I posted. If you can figure out a grabber for that, it would be awesome! That site seems pretty stable now. But I have not had time to get one working. But if you could, then we could add India to the list of grabbers and there are a lot of users in India trying to find a decent EPG for their HTPC!

Whoa... That's heavy! A grabber for that would need to provide some post data to the server to get the date you want. Also it doesn't show listings for whole day - that makes the site impossible to grab the schedule:( I had a look at other sites (even Providers') looking for schedules but I found nothing... Have you tried TVxb yet? There's a few Indian channels supported. Maybe it would do the job?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I have moved all posts about aMPed 3.1 to the new thread. Unfortunately, I copied the thread and deleted posts. So if you received a message that your post was deleted, it is just moved to the new thread. Sorry about that!

marcsulf

Portal Member
    March 16, 2009
    Boise, ID
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

In addition, Joz had done some skin files for 4TR (For the Record) and HTPC Info, before he retired from skinning. But I have not found anyone to test these. If someone is willing, I can include them in aMPed 3.1. If not, I guess they bite the dust!

Is there any progress on the aMPed skin files for 4TR (For the Record)? I really love this skin, but as a 4TR user, I can't get the full functionality from it without 4TR skins.

Users who are viewing this thread