Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Wile E.,

yes I am still working on it.

Not too much missing for a first beta (the girlfriend and me are using it for months now), I still hope to get a video and some screenshots together before christmas.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Edit: For anyone interested, I published a first version of the process plugin (source) that is the counterpart for the remote on google code. Feel free to tell me what could be done in a better way ;) Thanks a ton to Cheezey for the MpClientController plugin, it was a huge help!

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hey Wile E.,

yes I am still working on it.

Not too much missing for a first beta (the girlfriend and me are using it for months now), I still hope to get a video and some screenshots together before christmas.

Bye,
    Shukuyen.

Edit: For anyone interested, I published a first version of the process plugin (source) that is the counterpart for the remote on google code. Feel free to tell me what could be done in a better way ;) Thanks a ton to Cheezey for the MpClientController plugin, it was a huge help!

This is great news. Thanks Shukuyen!

I see the process plugin is available, do you think you will make the iPhone app available at some point?

Thanks again, and keep up the great work!
    Wile E.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Android MediaPortal remote?

I am not sure about this right now. To publish the app on the app store I will have to get an account for $99/year. To be honest I don't want to invest that money additionally to the time I put in programming the app (as much fun as it is).

I thought a lot about this but don't know what exactly to do:
    - Publish the app for free and pay the app store fee from my own money
    - Publish the app for free and hope for donations (I don't think this will work)
    - Publish the app for $1-3 ... This may upset and discourage a lot of potential users

If I publish the app for free I will definitely make the source public.
    I think donations via In-App-Purchase would be the perfect solution, but it isn't allowed by Apple to do In-App-Purchases without giving the user immediately something in return.

If am thankful for any input I can get on this :) Feel free to PM me.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: Android MediaPortal remote?

I am not sure about this right now. To publish the app on the app store I will have to get an account for $99/year. To be honest I don't want to invest that money additionally to the time I put in programming the app (as much fun as it is).

I thought a lot about this but don't know what exactly to do:
    - Publish the app for free and pay the app store fee from my own money
    - Publish the app for free and hope for donations (I don't think this will work)
    - Publish the app for $1-3 ... This may upset and discourage a lot of potential users

If I publish the app for free I will definitely make the source public.
    I think donations via In-App-Purchase would be the perfect solution, but it isn't allowed by Apple to do In-App-Purchases without giving the user immediately something in return.

If am thankful for any input I can get on this :) Feel free to PM me.

I think the latter two options are your best options. Dont spend your own money to publish. I will glady give a donation for the software if you make it free to download. And I would also be glad to pay $1.00 to $5.00 for the app. Either way I am happy to give for money for your work.

Is there any other way to get the app on the phone? A push through iTunes?

Thanks,
    Wile E.

Shukuyen

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 8, 2008
    Lake of Constance
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No not really. To push it to the phone via iTunes you have to build a signed package. This only works for up to 100 devices and for a limited time (until the certificate expires). Also you can only create certificates by paying those $99 to Apple :D
    I guess you can create an OTA installer for jailbroken devices, but I was never really into this and I don't think this is a good way to go.

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Wouldn't it be possible to use something like Maxivista or Synergy? They seem to create an extra screen , which screendata is transferred using wifi, and so using an external screen/pc as a second monitor. This could be perhaps a (lowbudget) android tablet (7 or 10 inches) with touchscreen.... hmmmm sorry, was just u brainstorm-session. perhaps someone can write an app for the tablet to return the touchscreen info back to mediaportal and thus creating a touchscreen remote control? A bit like the Philips Pronto, but than on andorid tablet :)

I uploaded a pcture of something that only excists in my mind.. the picture below is photoshopped!

Attachments

• epad mediaportal remote.jpg
      epad mediaportal remote.jpg
      70.5 KB

BigSimms

Portal Member
    February 1, 2007
    For those of you still looking for an all-in-one remote... like me, our wait may be over. Check this remote out: Touchsquid Technology Inc.. Seems to have it all.

"
    The Squid is really a powerful tablet computer, with a long list of capabilities:

Built in WiFi -- a remote that can surf the net!
    Built in Bluetooth -- supports wireless headsets
    Built in Web Cam and microphone for Video calling.
    Built in Video Player and Speakers.
    Watch web movies and other content right on the Squid.
    Use as a music player.
    Run Android apps, thousands to choose from.

"

And it has a built-in ir. It's due out in August, 2011 with a semi-steep price tag (around $399 MSRP). Hopefully it will deliver.

K

Thundercats

Portal Pro
    April 28, 2009
    The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Yeaks... what an awfully ugly looking layout/screendesign... childish, LEGO-like. 400,- for such a hidious monster?
    check-out this treath:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...id-ampdroid-0-7-android-remote-control-96654/

2 way control for your mediaportal-based HTPC, with playlists, streaming capabilities and much more. Runs perfect on my poor-man-IPad (8 inch Apad IMX515) bought last year for € 125,00, which costs only a fraction of the 400,- Mr. Squid charges.

Agreed, standard tablet has no IR, but i actually don't miss it

Users who are viewing this thread