anti burn-in (1 Viewer)

wild9

Portal Member
April 30, 2006
Cheltenham, UK
You have to work with what youve got, in 5 years or so LCD will be on the way out with technologies like SED and OLED replacing it. Product life cycles are only ever going to get shorter.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    the upshot is really that if you leave a static image on a plasma, CRT or LCD, you *will* eventually get burn in.
    Software can make small attempts to prevernt this, but in the end, the two options are either to blank the display or turn the bloody thing off all by yourself.

Even with Pixel Rotation, as has been said before, most of the MP screens have large enough areas that the display will still have non moving pixels in lots of locations.

If we make the colours cycle this will really only help people who are on drugs at the time. Light pixels will still be light, just different colours.

What I would prefer is if the enable screen saver function in MP was tied to the Windows screensaver. This way, when the "enable Screensaver" option was ticked, it would allow the settings of the Windows Screensaver to activate. This way you could specify what you want and the time delay, but the screensaver will not kick in when watching full screen video.
    Then any third party screen saver could be used.

Until then, there's not much more to discuss on this subject. Software simply can't do what you want apart from blanking the screen, which MP does already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input Devices" section in "MP Config". Using the "HID" tab, you can: Customise your remote control, and/or Customise your keyboard. Select one or both devices, and then pick the config that you are going to use...
    Are you trying to use a remote control or a keyboard? You can customise your input devices using the "Remotes and Other Input...
    Is there some way to change the raw mapping of the windows media center remote? With Hid Demo I find that the 'stop' button...
    Replies
    Views
    Any other suggestions for this?
    Any other suggestions for this?
    I have Flirc and the Skip 1s remote sending volume +/- events. I prefer to rely on just the Windows volume control so in...
    Replies
    Views
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and check.
    You can always try, select any window, turn off the Media Portal, change the ID of the selected one to the desired one (plugin) and...
    I don't have a TV card in my HTPC setup, so I really only use plugins that browse and show media files, like MP TV-Series, Moving...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [solved] Basic audio question... DE
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo stream, by default, in television also. Thanks for your help. N.
    Yes, works, thanks. Deselecting "Prefer multichannel audio streams" under "Video Player" (under "Players") gives me the stereo...
    Is there a way to set the default audio stream for live TV? The default default, so to speak, for me seems to be English...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom