anti burn-in (1 Viewer)

graf

Portal Member
April 5, 2006
hi there,

Is there a plugin or some way to stop burn-in on plasma when using htpc e.g the pixels roating ......

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Press F2 to start the configuration program. Then select "General" on the left side. Then on the right (toward the bottom) check mark the box that says "Enable screensaver in fullscreen mode."

Press OK button at the bottom left and then allow it to restart MP.

graf

Portal Member
    April 5, 2006
    thats good. but i don't want a screen savers. But somehting what i want would be cool

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Could you describe in more detail what you are looking for? Maybe if you can describe it in such a way that we (should say developers since they would be the ones to make it happen) can understand and maybe you could see it in a future version of MP.

graf

Portal Member
    April 5, 2006
    Opps sorry for that. Here we go.
    THe problem with plasma screens is that if you leave a still image for longer than 30 min or so it can burn into the screen (and that will sux !!!). I understand now that some plasma manufacture have created a "anti burn in " in the plasma where each pixil is rotated with out the viewer noticing.

So what I want to know if it is possible if someone out there knows how make something like this but in a s/w version eg. U leave your screen on the main page of media portal and then the ph rings you walk away and then after 30min BANG you get a burn-in.

It would be a first in the HTPC area if software can do this. THis might mean that the end user might need a better video card. But a video is cheaper than a plasma . and letting it go to screen saver doesn't have the same effect :)

I hope that that makes sense :D

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    Sorry for not understanding but I don't really understand well the phrase "each pixel is rotated" - I am not trying to be difficult.

Do you mean each pixel rotates through the color spectrum?

Mike

graf

Portal Member
    April 5, 2006
    mzemina said:
    Sorry for not understanding but I don't really understand well the phrase "each pixel is rotated" - I am not trying to be difficult.

Do you mean each pixel rotates through the color spectrum?

Mike

No. THe pixel on the screen is roating around.it is moving so it doesn't do a burn-in on the plasma. This roating is not notice to us ie. when we see a picture it looks like a still image but in-fact it is moving therefor stopping a bun-in from happening.

December 28, 2005
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Plasma make there light by using gases and phosphor to make the colored pixel. how image burn is a damaged pixel, whose phosphors have been prematurely aged and therefore glow less intensely than those of surrounding pixels.This "burned in" pixel has developed a "memory" of the color information that was repeatedly sent to it in a static manner over a period of time. As a result that phosphor color information has actually become seared or etched into the plasma TV glass.

some plasma manufacture have created a "anti burn in " in the plasma where each pixil is rotated with out the viewer noticing.
    they dont rotate the pixel itself but just move the image on the sceen up/down/left/right by 1 pixel. in the long term the image will still burn in but will be softer and less noticeably.

P.s CTR sceen can get Burn just like PLasma and no one care about that. probably beacuse plasmas cast alot more the CTR

moullas

Portal Pro
    January 15, 2005
    Home Country
    Cyprus Cyprus
    i think what graf is trying to say is that we want an old-school screensaver that has an image moving around the screen instead of a black screen.

A simple animation, or image of MP moving around covering the whole screen width & height (so that it covers all pixels) at every iteration would be the ideal, to prevent plasma burn-in...

Something like the Winamp visualizations that move around even when there is nothing playing and to the beat when there is music falls in the "something cool" category :)

What do ya think??

Users who are viewing this thread