Automatic Channel Scan? (1 Viewer)

wiak

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
what about a automatic channel scan as the channel download from internet is NOT UP TO DATE! is broken as it downloads incorrect list :(

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
How about posting some details about your setup and see if people can help you with it.

EDIT: Also, a geographical location would be good. The automatic channel scan works fine for me using DVB-T in Australia.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
There is an autoscan since ages, for all reception types. See configuration.exe, details of your card.

wiak

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
jawbroken said:
How about posting some details about your setup and see if people can help you with it.

EDIT: Also, a geographical location would be good. The automatic channel scan works fine for me using DVB-T in Australia.

System:
Abit AT8
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0 ghz 1 MB L2 Cache (Socket 939)
TwinMOS PC3200 DDR-DIMM 2048MB (4x512mb) (Dual Mode)
PowerColor Radeon X1800 XT AVIVO 512MB
Sapphire Theatrix 550 PRO AVIVO 16MB (ATI Theater 550 PRO chipset)
2x Western Digital Caviar 250GB SATA 8MB cache 7200RPM
2x Western Digital Caviar 250GB IDE ATA133 8MB Cache 7200RPM SE
Windows XP Professional x64 Edition (Only Doh!)

Cable Company: Canal Digital (analog cable)

is that enight?
mPod said:
There is an autoscan since ages, for all reception types. See configuration.exe, details of your card.
and there is NO autochan scan in MP
only manual, mPod
btw: the autoscan thingy is NOT auto as people has to add the channel! :(

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
wiak said:
and there is NO autochan scan in MP
only manual, mPod
btw: the autoscan thingy is NOT auto as people has to add the channel! :(
That's not true... Or you know more than me... :)

Tried Settings/Setup Wizard? Well, this scans my analog and digital cards. And it finds channels, adds them and so on. Maybe I'm just too stupid and this is just my imagination?

Ah, and btw. Those online lists depend on your input, as we don't travel through all regions and countries to complete the online lists for you. (I'd do so if you sponsor it...) So if lists for your region are wrong or missing, give us a better one and voila - you got a perfect list in your MediaPortal everytime you wanna set it up.

At least that's better than complaining/shouting in capital letters on the forums.... :wink:

Before you shout again that you don't have some things i mentioned, get latest CVS.

wiak

Portal Member
June 10, 2005
what about a automatic channel scan? and NO download of channel list from net? so its ALWAYS right (no need for internet)

mediaportal-cvs-02-14-2006--08-13 = broken here
MP .Net just wont run right it crashes

Users who are viewing this thread