BBC iPlayer Plugin | Page 10

Discussion in 'MediaPortal 1 Plugins' started by metropolis, May 21, 2008.

1. revs
    • Premium Supporter

revs MP Donator

Software Developer
    Ratings:
    +72 / 0
    Home Country:
    Wales Wales
    The stuttering must be some odd flash thing maybe? as its only at fullscreen... ill look into it a bit more.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Jimbawb

Jimbawb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    More feedback - fullscreen seems to have an awful flicker to it...it looks almost like the blue skin background is trying to compete with the flash to become the foreground. Also the icons don't seem to fit neatly on the page (im using blue3 for this, should it be blue3wide?)

• Like Like x 1
  4. biosonik

biosonik Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks Jimba,
    yeah, blue3wide. I don't know why I test in widescreen...meh. So mediaportal and flash competing for fullscreen, interesting...how the hell do I fix that...

I still believe this is the way to go. especially for HD content and stable code

5. Jimbawb

Jimbawb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    If it gets HD content then it's a must :) I'll try it with blue3wide...which i dont know why i didnt use in the first place - my htpc is in widescreen and so is the computer im testing it on now..doh! I can make a video of my experience of it to best explain the flicker issue...but that'll have to wait for a few hours. Definitely liking it though..don't give up!

6. biosonik

biosonik Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    Tried on my htpc. My htpc can kill a horse, its pretty powerful and it stutters so yeah...Revs any answers? lol we'll figure it out somehow

7. bushbrother

bushbrother Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    OK, just tried your updated version and happyf1sh's version.

happyf1sh - I dont get much with yours, just the update and view buttons, update says its updating, i waited 1 min then pressed view. I get an orange (dutch?) logo and some sorting opions, thats it.... anyone else the same?

biosonik - Tried the new web based one, all loads fine, episode click gives me a dialog popup with URL, hitting ok gives the iPlayer window in top left, plays perfect, but slows down alot in fullscreen. I dont get any flickering, just slow playback. I'm using streamedMP skin ...

look forward to more testing :) Great progress guys! :D

8. biosonik

biosonik Portal Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Home Country:
    Scotland Scotland
    The answer to the stutter is probably in MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGraphicsContext class. Used to add the web browser into mediaportal. I just can't find it. I've tried overlays, tried to fool mp into thinkin its a fullscreen video blah blah blah. Don't have time just now, no build today, no stable progress. Maybe tomorrow.

9. happyf1sh

happyf1sh Portal Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    Home Country:
    Show System Specs
    bushbrother,
    just press the favorites button and a list sould come up.
    Can you confirm -> there should be some files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\iPlayer which have the program listings in xml format.
    BTW the dutch logo is because I used Gemest plugin as the basic structure. Didn't bother tidying up.

cheezey
    Those feeds seem like a really easy way to get databade info.
    I have a programlist.xml which is populated and them I am looking to re-sort for each button click - so your idea may be more efficient.

With reagrds to biosonik version -> my version is also web browser based and flickers when using full screen. I also think MediaPortal is doing something to take over focus. Each new frame recovers focus and the MP regains.

Edit: I found that if I start in full screen there is no flicker - but if you go from normal size to full screen there are flicker issues.

10. Jimbawb

Jimbawb Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    Perhaps "ShowBackground" should be set to false?

11. sleepycol

sleepycol Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +33 / 1
    Home Country:
    Can't seem to find a fullscreen option. It plays fine in its own smaller window within fullscreen MP. Not much fits on my screenthough due to me running 848x480 (native plasma tv resoluton). Maybe some buttons are off screen?

Cheers,
    Colin

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!