BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

bushbrother

Portal Pro
February 14, 2008
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@bushbrother,
just press the favorites button and a list sould come up.
Can you confirm -> there should be some files in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\iPlayer which have the program listings in xml format.
BTW the dutch logo is because I used Gemest plugin as the basic structure. Didn't bother tidying up.

Thanks for the reply, I will try tonight ... keep up the good work!

biosonik

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Jimbawb that only seems to remove the background image, however we're thinking, it was a good call.

---GUIGraphicsContext.Sendtoback() minimizes mediaportal which may be a possibility if used in a simulated click (simulate a mouse click on the fullscreen button allows other code to run).

--WebBrowserControl DoubleBuffer doesn't work.
--Resizing the browser to fit the entire screen doesn't work.
--Creating a graphics rectangle doesn't work.
--Attempting to hold focus doesn't work.
--Fullscreen and windowed mediaportal, same result.

[What might work]
Looking into MediaPortals ExternalPlayer. I mean simulating an external player...might work.

If anyone wants to take a crack at it, the source code is attached. Mediaportal IRC might help. I have some other work to do today.

Attachments

• MP_iPlayer source TEST.rar
    30.7 KB

burchard

Portal Member
October 8, 2008
Codec problem

I'm having a problem with the audio codec (at least it says so)
It doesn't even play video.
I'm using Cyberlink for video and MPC - MPA for audio

biosonik

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Burchard you'll have to be a bit more specific. There are 3 copies of an iplayer plugin kicking about. 2 are web based (Happyf1sh's and my test build) and 1 that uses an external player (the one on mp-iplayer - Google Code). All 3 use flash. All 3 a absolute alpha's (test builds) and should only be used for testing.

If your using mp-iplayer then it sounds like you didn't enable the FLA_PLAYER in mediaportal configuration.

biosonik

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
try disabling any other flash players (mtvvideos, onlinevideo) then try again. You should never get a codec error as mp-iplayer only uses the bbc iplayer flash player. Attempt to view the bbc iplayer with internet explorer. otherwise I have nothing and i'm sorry it doesn't work for you. Development of the mp-iplayer is at a stand still and will not continue for awhile.

allanp81

Portal Pro
October 24, 2006
I had to go into Internet Explorer and checked whether the iplayer site worked, which it didn't. I then went to Adobe's website and installed flash and then all was good.

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
February 16, 2009
Home Country
Wow. This works very well, I'm very impressed with the speed with which you've managed it.

Thankyou.

A small, almost insignificant feature request from me, the ability to change the plugins name. It's not very important at all, I know!

BTW, the web based browser you posted just gives me a black screen, the flash is working fine.

Also, another small request, is there any way to fully maximise the video? At present I still get the buffer bar & play mute etc bar shown at the bottom of the screen.

mrfunks

Portal Member
January 31, 2008
Cardiff
Home Country
I have tried both Happyfish web version, and the version which uses the external flash player..

The web version gives me a white screen when I select a video... and does not play.. (mozilla active x installed)

The other version (alpha) gives me a black screen when I select a video... external flash player enabled....

PLEASE can someone confirm where to install the install files..as I think thats where the problem might lay.....many thanks

Users who are viewing this thread