BBC iPlayer Plugin (2 Viewers)

happyf1sh

Portal Member
August 26, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
update

wonkyd

You are not, as Tuner Free MCE is one of the bits of code I have based the plugin, I am working on, on.
The issue is mine, in that I have based my work on XULrunner (firefox) not IE.

:sorry: this has all taken so long.

Anyway I have made a minor update.

1. The Program List is now updated by a process (once on startup of mediaportal). I will include a timed update later on. This means there are 3 plugin dlls (2 in Windows and 1 in process).

2. XULrunner is no longer required if you have firefox installed

3. You can now add favourites by using the context menu (right click on a mouse)

The full screen stuttering is definitely caused by the Mediaportal environment. I can create my own web browser application with the same code and no stuttering. So I think this will be a longer term issue since I have to start working out which bit in Mediaportal is pulling the form focus away from the full screen. If anyone with more Mediaportal experience can provide any hints, I would be grateful. So in the mean time I have started to tidy up the plug-in.

Code can be found here -> mediaportal1player - Project Hosting on Google Code
but I have also attached the latest plugins.

I plan to provide a search function next and then I will add ITV, C4 and BBC HD.
Please provide feedback if you find this useful.

:D
Happyf1sh

Attachments

• iPlayer2.rar
    30.6 KB

kkendall

Portal Pro
April 24, 2007
Gouda
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
i think you could use a VPN to get it to work from outside the UK, you can pay something like 5 pounds a month to get a UK VPN that would let you use iplayer... but i bet you're looking for a free way to do it?

Offcourse :D

I plan to provide a search function next and then I will add ITV, C4 and BBC HD.
Please provide feedback if you find this useful.

:D
Happyf1sh

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    I am really excited about this plugin it is something I have wanted for ages.

Sadly, my MP crashes and fails to start MP when it gets to the "loading windows plugins" stage in the MP start-up with version 2 of the MP Iplayer.

I am using the latest version of firefox if this makes a difference with MP 1.0.2.

Any tips?

Thanks and keep up the good work

Robbo100

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    That fixed it.

I shall have a play with it over the next few days.

Good work buddy!

80sman

Portal Pro
    August 1, 2005
    UK
    Great stuff Happyf1sh, I'm away from home this week, but I'll certainly give the updated version a go when I get home. Thanks for all the work you've put into this, I'm just trying to learn C# code at the moment and I'm just generating errors all the time, so well done for getting this far with it. :)

red1

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Mediaportal has stopped working..

HI..just tried this version and i receive the following error...( if i ignore the vista pop up to shutdown mediaportal the menus are all there(very tasty job) but if i click link i get "missing or invalid file")
    Have the bisonik version working fine but the picture quality is really poor..

Cheerz

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: mediaportal.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.4.17424
    Problem Signature 03: 4a9a3b10
    Problem Signature 04: Skybound.Gecko
    Problem Signature 05: 1.9.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 489c50df
    Problem Signature 07: 695
    Problem Signature 08: 1
    Problem Signature 09: System.DllNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057

running vista sp1 and mepo 1.1beta

happyf1sh

Portal Member
    August 26, 2007
    Home Country
    red1,

1) the exception is because an appropriate dll cannot be found, specifically for web use. So this means that neither firefox is installed nor is the optional xulrunner. However if they are, can you (a) re-check the files you downloaded as I updated some last night (~21:45) (b) send me the path that your firefox has has been installed at.

2) The missing file or invalid file message is related to above as there are no web dlls to open.

80sman - thanks. You are welcome to any of the code especially since most are cribbed from other peoples work. As I am just learning c# please feel free to ask me any questions and I may be able to give some pointers (not many).

red1

Portal Member
    May 29, 2008
    Home Country
    Many thanx for the reply...reinstalled everything and rebooted now all ok...although i am unable to stream correctly due to unsufficient bandwidth on a 8mb connection(5.5mb real world)
    Looks good though m8 well done for all your efforts

Red

Users who are viewing this thread