BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

pheonixsingh

Portal Member
May 9, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi guys im using Biosoniks exernal player, but please forgive me im quite new to MP, can anyone tell me how to enable FLA player as im stumped, ive tried several times looking in MP's configuration and cant find the answer.

oglesbyj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Hello,

I am still playing but maybe not spending as much time due to other commitments.
    So far I have managed to get it to work with Vista etc. but there are two main functional issues
    1) the stream flickers in full screen mode
    2) trying to work out how to auto-start - currently investigating a mouse click emulation.
    Once I have these bottomed out I will tart up the plugin.
    Future development: Add the other main UK channels

Cheers
    happyf1sh

I played with it yesterday and found
    1) a workarround for the screen flickering - just right click (ok you get a bbc menu but the video starts working perfectly then).
    2) for the auto start, the BBC will add direct keyboard shortcuts in Oct 09. See BBC - BBC Internet Blog: BBC iPlayer Radio: Transition From Listen Again For Blind Users specifically they say

'We are almost there with our research, and will be including keyboard shortcuts for all of the iPlayer video player's controls (including some form of jump and volume control functionality) by early October.'

I watched some HD programs last night using the workaround above. Picture quality was very good.

Please hapyf1sh would you add BBC HD channel to the channel list ?

:D

FoxForceFive

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2009
    Home Country
    Is the latest Happyfish version of this round anywhere? Still using the original one & cant find any other link? Ta.

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Has anyone got this working from outside the UK using a proxy or similar. If so, what proxy or method worked for you.

Many Thanks

Ian

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    i think you could use a VPN to get it to work from outside the UK, you can pay something like 5 pounds a month to get a UK VPN that would let you use iplayer.. don't know how fast they are though, i think if you are in europe and have decent internet it would work pretty well.. but i bet you're looking for a free way to do it?

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Okay - I've got iplayer working in IE (7) to Ireland by setting up a UK based proxy. I went looking for the "happyf1sh" plugin but can't find it. Where should I be looking?

Cobby

Portal Member
    February 10, 2008
    all the videos i have found on the mp iplayer is all medium quality, how do i watch then in HD as i can on the website?

Thanks

Cobby

Users who are viewing this thread