BBC iPlayer Plugin (1 Viewer)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Happyf1sh,

I shall give this a test when I get home later and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

ianc

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 29, 2007
    wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Stupid question -How do I install this?
    Do I Just copy the files into the equivelant directories and install ForeFox?

I

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    1) Hi I got the mp_iplayer to work but after a few seconds an ie 'failed download' error pops up though content continues streaming.

2) I then tried the iplayer2 one listed above but when clicking on a program it just gives a black screen and no content at all?

AFTER MUCH EXPERIMENTATION

1) When you get that error pop up, pressing the home button on your remote once (the button that takes you back to the mp root screen), will clear it. Pause = toggles playback on/off and volume works - this seems to be the most promising option at the moment. I'd like to fix it myself but spend all day coding as a job and have young kids (though I did dl the source, may look at it) so can't afford the time really.

2) Not sure about this plugin, did get it to work eventually it doesn't have the pretty graphic for each show like other plug and doesn't work with remote at all, so have to use keyboard so you may as well just use a normal web browser in first place. Unwatchable in full screen mode as all jerky (only mode you'd use on a dedicated setup), early days I guess. It does have a good listing of chans though and video looks to be much better quality.

Not sure what approach is being used, I wonder if filtering out all the irrelevant html off page just leaving player and injecting jscript to map key presses (via remote) to players button_clicks would be simplest approach.

toigaroun

Portal Member
    May 25, 2008
    Fair points most of them, but on the other hand happyf1sh said in his first/second post in this thread that he is not a programmer and that he is rather experimenting.

So being a programmer myself but unfortunately not motivated or available enough to write such useful piece of code the only thing I can say as a user of happyf1sh's plugin is thanks for the time you are giving and very good luck with your programming adventures.
    (and I 'll be happy to help out if needed)

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country

steve walsh

Portal Member
    November 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Unable to load DLL 'xpcom'

Hi,

Are the path's hardcoded in the plugin ?
    My system (dual boot malarky) doesn't actually have a C:
    The root is F:
    Firefox 3.5.5 is installed in F:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox

My error is :
    2009-11-17 07:26:18.234375 [ERROR][MPMain]: Unable to load the web browser plugin, verify that Mozilla XUL Runner is installed
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.562500 [ERROR][2]: MediaPortal: Unhandled exception occured
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.578125 [ERROR][2]: Exception :confused:ystem.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'xpcom': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.NS_CStringContainerFinish(nsACString container)
    at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Dispose()
    at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Finalize()
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.578125 [ERROR][2]: Exception :Unable to load DLL 'xpcom': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.578125 [ERROR][2]: site :Int32 NS_CStringContainerFinish(Skybound.Gecko.nsACString)
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.578125 [ERROR][2]: source :confused:kybound.Gecko
    2009-11-17 07:26:23.578125 [ERROR][2]: stacktrace: at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.NS_CStringContainerFinish(nsACString container)
    at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Dispose()
    at Skybound.Gecko.nsACString.Finalize()

Thanks,
    Steve

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I've just being playing around with XBMC iPlayer plug in, works very very well. No dropping out to a webpage it scrapes the iplayer website for all the shows and then allows you to play/pause/rewind/fastforward it all through its interface.

I don't know what would be involved in getting this functionality in mediaportal, the XBMC guys seemed to have to impliment RTMP streaming Adobe - Real-Time Messaging Protocol (RTMP) specification. There was a thread here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ure-request-here-48/flash-rtmp-support-53865/ that someone had a go converting it to Mediaportal.

The XBMC plug in is all open source too xbmc-iplayerv2 - Project Hosting on Google Code

I have no idea when it comes to programming, just hope someone can peice it all together.:D

Users who are viewing this thread