BBC iPlayer Plugin (2 Viewers)

biosonik

Portal Member
March 31, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Alpha build is available on mp-iplayer - Google Code.
--Ignore the way results are listed. I plan to download the images and display them instead of just text.

Still got a fair amount to do but its pretty much working. The FLA_PLAY externalplayer is just a modified mtvvideos player. I needed the same sort of thing with slightly different flashvars.

Don't bother with this if your looking for something stable and solid. That won't come until the weekend.

In a way you need the pid and in a way you don't. mp-iplayer simply reads a bbc atom xml feed and follows a link when requested. Once on the link page it reads the PIDs (there are two) to build the flash player.

EDIT: Build 0003 now auto plays iplayer content. no more hunting for the damn cursor!

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    great news - will try it out! is the source available/will it be available?

also (not tried it yet) which version does it use? the standard or HD stream?

adam_purkis

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    well sounds like an awesome start! look forward to seeing any more progress on this, great that something has got going on it though!

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    It uses the standard stream although I've been talking to the author of TunerFreeMCE and, when 720p becomes available it should just be a case of setting a cookie...or something. I'm not worried yet.

I'll try make daily builds and put them on google code. The source code will be released with the beta at the weekend, believe me, its messy just now. I have no illusions of keeping it hidden although you'll laugh when you see how simple it is. I'd like to think this could be a project where all of the uk mediaportal users can band together and create something great, together.

EDIT: Checked Live content. BBC News24 works ok so maybe live sport, who knows.

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    F1 live.

Hi.

i'm just an outsider and have not followed this post much, but i have a small kind request. If this plugin sees a light someday, i would love it, if it could find F1 live transmissions also. They use iPlayer, but i think link appears into bbc sportpages just before race.

regards,

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Nothing wrong with the plugin being simple - simple is better than overcomplicated!

Simple also means its easier for me to understand and play with! :)

Jimbawb

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Oooh i'm going to have to give this a bash :D

Wow - i like it! How did you do the interface? All in the code? I'd like to study it at some point just to learn how it works :) Only problem for me is every bit of content says it isnt working at the moment, it tries to load but fails..doh.

I wonder in the future if its possible to get rid of the iplayer flash interface too? Obviously all speculation at the moment as it's the first stab but i really like what i see so far!

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Well it kinda works, in that I see all the channels etc. properly and can view the list of shows, but when I select nothing happens; I just get a black screen. I can right click and see the normal flash options though for play, repeat etc.

biosonik

Portal Member
    March 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Well it kinda works, in that I see all the channels etc. properly and can view the list of shows, but when I select nothing happens; I just get a black screen. I can right click and see the normal flash options though for play, repeat etc.

Edit: I take it all back. You shouldn't get context menu's. The flash elements are disabled from the onset, mediaportal may have selected the wrong player.

Try Build 0004, ensuring you enable FLA_PLAYER in mediaportal configuration and disable any other swf externalplayers ie mtvvideos or onlinevideo. If it fails, send me your mediaportal.log and i'll fix it asap.

Build 0004 fixes issues with the fla_play.dll and iPlayer flashvars (weren't working correctly causing a "content can't be displayed" error)

gingertom

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    England England
    Excellent work. Not able to get it working myself, always get message on iplayer screen ' this content doesn't seem to be working. try again later', though if I go to the iplayer page directly the same stream works. Maybe I haven't got something enabled correctly. Any help anyone please....

Users who are viewing this thread