Best EPG for USA TV channels (2 Viewers)

Eric B

Portal Member
February 27, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Does anyone have a good suggestion on how to set up EPG for US TV specificly around the Washington DC area? I have read and tried a bunch of things and have yet to get anything good quality to work.
Thanks in advance.
Eric

Eric B

Portal Member
February 27, 2013
Home Country
Thanks. I'll take a look at those. I appreciate the feedback.

Eric B

Portal Member
February 27, 2013
Home Country
Hey Corporate Gadfly. Couple questions for you.
When you use WEbGrap+Plus, have you been able to successfully get it to be an automated process so it updates etc and you don't have to go change the xml files or anything? I was reading your posts on the link you sent, but saw that you had to do some changes.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Eric,

I've never tried the WebGrab+Plus approach to get US EPG info. Assuming you have it setup for your local channels and know how to run a command/script to launch a capture, you could try setting up a Windows scheduled task to wake up you TV Server once a day and run the needed commands/scripts. One of these days I might try setting up WebGrab+Plus and see how it works.

The following link shows info on how to setup/use WebEPG or mc2xml/Xmltv to get similar US EPG data. The scheduled task approach for mc2xml might give you ideas on how to run WebGrab+Plus as a scheduled task

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...om-grabber-file-adds-subtitle-support.108360/

Eric B

Portal Member
    February 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Thanks RonD. My main issue right now is that I can't seem to figure out how to change the config.xml properly to have my own local channels in it. Do I need to manualy add Channel Update tags for each channel? See any documentation or examples of US channels being setup using TVGuide or similar?
    Thx for the info. Ill take a look.

Eric B

Portal Member
    February 27, 2013
    Home Country
    Im checking out WebEPG again after reading your link it made more sense to me than the first time I tried to integrate last week.
    Question on this one. If IMDB doesn't show the channel I have from OTA broadcast, how would I link that in?

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    the imdb really gives info for cable in your zip code, you might try a couple different cable options to see if you can find one that has the channel. for 1 station I had to try a different zipcode to find the station ID.

Eric B

Portal Member
    February 27, 2013
    Home Country
    ah.. Now I get it. Had to choose my local cable provider to get non generic ones.

Users who are viewing this thread