Black Glass Skin 2.6.0 (2 Viewers)

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
The basic home editor is now missing the selection for multishortcut.
I can just manually edit the fields, but if I try to save a new file or make any changes, I get errors because there is nothing selected in the dropdown box.

I can 'fix' it by selecting anything in the dropdown, but then it replaces my entries and I have to re-do them.
Before there was a selection for multi-shortcut and I was able to just select that and then enter my values.

I think that you need to edit the plugins.xml file in the Editor directory, adding the following code among the plugin items:

Code:
<plugin>
   <id>xxxxxx</id>
   <name>Multishortcut</name>
   <hover>hover_multishortcut</hover>
</plugin>

Where xxxxxxx should be placed by the actual multishortcut plugin id number.

Let me know if it works.

Thanks

Tgx

Thanks, but I don't think you are getting what I am saying..

I have already tried entering a new entry into the plugins file, however, I would have to manually edit the file for every single change I make, because I will be changing the ID.

Before, in earlier versions, you had a Multishortcut generic plugin you could select edit the ID and name to your liking, then it would save and load this info the next time you ran the editor.

Basically, what needs to be done is to have the editor check if the ID is in the plugin.xml.
If the ID is not in the xml file, then have it select a special selection, like "custom".
this selection would always load on custom ID/Names and would not throw the error, and also will not overwrite your saved IDs and Names by forcing you to choose a random plugin to save.

Another solution would be to have any custom entries be auto-added to the plugins.xml, but I think the first solution would be easier and more versatile.

Or, at the very least allow the plugin dropdown to be blank and not error when saving. =)

:D

gluteus.maximus

Portal Member
September 19, 2010
Hi guys.

I'm new to MediaPortal, and I'm going to try this Black Glass skin. Problem is, in the instructions, I was told to copy the Black Glass folder to Skin sub-folder inside MediaPortal folder, but I can't see any folder named skin there. I tried to create skin folder, but my Media Portal still won't use Black Glass.

So, could anybody tell me what I have done wrong?

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi guys.

I'm new to MediaPortal, and I'm going to try this Black Glass skin. Problem is, in the instructions, I was told to copy the Black Glass folder to Skin sub-folder inside MediaPortal folder, but I can't see any folder named skin there. I tried to create skin folder, but my Media Portal still won't use Black Glass.

So, could anybody tell me what I have done wrong?

Should be in:
    c:\Users\yourusername\Application Data\Team Mediaportal\MediaPortal\Skin

Or you can run the MediaPortal Configuration and click the "user files" at the top left corner of that window. Possibly a shortcut is also available from the Windows start menu in the Team MediaPortal folder. I'm not at my HTPC writing this, so I can't check the start menu.

Emph

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Re: Black Glass Skin 2.6.0

Should be in:

Emph

No, it should be in Users\ALL USERS\App..... or Users\ALL USERS\Team Media....

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: AW: Re: Black Glass Skin 2.6.0

Should be in:

Emph

No, it should be in Users\ALL USERS\App..... or Users\ALL USERS\Team Media....

lol, incorrect again. The skin directory goes in:

Win7/Vista:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin

WinXP/2003:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\Mediaportal\Skin

EDIT: actually sorry GUZZI you are correct but C:\Users\All Users is more commonly known as C:\ProgramData.
    Man I hate windows how they hide those folders by default :(

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: Black Glass Skin 2.6.0

yeah, that is really irritating .... ;-) for me too, when jumping between different OS versions ....

PeTeNet

Portal Member
    July 8, 2010
    Krakow
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi Tgx,
    very, very - thanks for your skinning-job !
    Excuse my bad English :oops:

I have a problem with GeckoBrowser - I can run this plugin one time, if I exit to home screen, and try run browser again do nothing. In other skin works property, please help me.

Great thx.

Jean-Marc

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    +1

I have exactly the same problem.

And more: I don't know how to use it, I cannot enter any URL.

So I disabled this plugin.:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom