BlackGold 6in1 (2 Viewers)

thebdct

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy

Thanks deekarma, I was already monitoring that forum but they are talking about MediaCenter (MS)...

Some update: With the latest version of MP, TVServer, I can tune all the channels. Anyway I have a lot of problem with the MP+TVServer combo. A lot of windows crash and recording not working. It's too unstable. I think that we need to implement that tvtuner inside the "definition" xml file of MP...... but I don't know how to do that...

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
August 26, 2004
West Yorks, UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Mine arrived today :D

Plugged it in, loaded the tiny driver package, fired up TV server and all 6 tuners were visible.

Plugged in my DVBT ariel and scanned - all my DVB-T channels updated OK and I can view them happily.

Plugged in an old sky minidish that's been sitting unused on the outside of the house for the last 7 years, selected 28.2 and did a scan - 221 new radio channels and 797 new TV channels :eek:

Deleting the scrambled channels removed 410.

Now all I need to do is pare that down a bit more!!

Nice piece of kit too, about one inch shorter than the NOVA-t 500, comes with both half height (fitted) and full height bracket, needs internal power supply (floppy disk connector). Has 2 DVBS connectors, one DVBT and one SVIDEO input.

Now to see what the picture quality is like.

Update. Picture quality is good I'm currently watching BBC HD. :)

Roll on freesat!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Cheers cheezey

Give us a good review on this, as saving pennies for card\dish now.

Wonder why thebdct could not get his to tune.

cheezey

Community Plugin Dev
    August 26, 2004
    West Yorks, UK
    Home Country
    To be honest this has been the easiest upgrade I've done in my 3+ years with MP, it took 10 minutes and 5 of those was the satellite channel scan! :p
    I was very surprised.

I'll look to add some detail once I play about with it a bit more.

thebdct

Portal Member
    April 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi! Yes, now I have everything working right. Just one more question: where do I have to setup powerscheduler? Inside MPconfig or inside TVE3? If I turn on the plugin inside TVE3, the PC doesn't power up with scheduled recordings...

Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Inside TVE3 configs "powerscheduler" and the new "powerscheduler client" that is installed in MP's config, do not forget to enable the server one by ticking the appropriate plugin enable box at the plugin tab.

The old MP powerscheduler must be disabled completely.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This is the first time i've seen this thread, and I have to say I'm bloomin' tempted to get one of these.

I don't have any for of satellite at the moment, but Freesat would be fantastic.

This may be the card that forces me to re-build my HTPC with a PCI-e motherboard :)

EDIT: And i'm assuming it is going to be far more reliable than the Nova-T 500 I have at te moment with its botched USB based design.

thebdct

Portal Member
    April 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Inside TVE3 configs "powerscheduler" and the new "powerscheduler client" that is installed in MP's config, do not forget to enable the server one by ticking the appropriate plugin enable box at the plugin tab.

The old MP powerscheduler must be disabled completely.

Hi, done but it doesn't work... The pc stay into standby, always....

finrudd341

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2008
    Sao Paulo, Brazil
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    interesting thread - this BlackGold 6-in-1 really sounds good...now if I can just find it in Singapore...

What's the general consensus of people using this card - does it work well with MP? I am getting fairly committed to MP and this will be my first foray into TV-server, so really hope I find it as easy as Cheezey!:D

Users who are viewing this thread