BlackGold 6in1 (1 Viewer)

thebdct

Portal Member
April 19, 2007
Home Country
Italy Italy
Hi everybody,
I'm writing just to know if you have planned to extend mediaportal support also to this new 6in1 blackgold card.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

thebdct

Portal Member
    April 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi! Actually I'm already using it but under MediaCenter..... If some expert needs a beta tester, I'm here.

Thomas

Mercbac

Portal Pro
    March 20, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This product looks absolutely fantastic. If they could only add CI/CAM support they would have the dream product I've been looking for for years already. I have two subscription cards and would really like to have dual-tuner functionality available on both of those.
    For now I am going for a system with two FloppyDTV cards.

thebdct

Portal Member
    April 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi, I'm trying to use graphedit to let MP recognize the tv tuner but with no luck. Anyone can help me with graphedit?

Thanks!

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Hi, I'm trying to use graphedit to let MP recognize the tv tuner but with no luck. Anyone can help me with graphedit?

I would not even attempt to add to the inbuilt tv as it technically now not supported, TVE3 is going to be the default, so lets see how good the drivers are at letting TVE3 find them, if they are truly bda it should be a breeze.
    30 minutes to install and setup at most (keep installation page open whilst installing for reference).

I think you can only set them up in pairs ie 2 x dvb-t, 2 x dvb-s, etc. not 100% certain, but that the gist of what i read.

Sorry could be a real twat to set up in inbuilt tv, plus no S2 support.

deekarma

Portal Member
    January 28, 2008
    I got most of the way through the installation last night and TV3 instantly recognised drivers. So long as your system is 32 bit I say go ahead and give TV Server a whirl. If you are 64 bit, try some other media centre software, as it is headache after headache installing (unless someone can tell me otherwise??).

I understand that you can have up to 4 tuners independently active at any one time with the card, so just disable the analogue and fire up the 2 dvb-s and 2 dvb-t tuners.

thebdct

Portal Member
    April 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I would not even attempt to add to the inbuilt tv as it technically now not supported, TVE3 is going to be the default, so lets see how good the drivers are at letting TVE3 find them, if they are truly bda it should be a breeze.
    30 minutes to install and setup at most (keep installation page open whilst installing for reference).

I think you can only set them up in pairs ie 2 x dvb-t, 2 x dvb-s, etc. not 100% certain, but that the gist of what i read.

Sorry could be a real twat to set up in inbuilt tv, plus no S2 support.

Good Idea! Ok, now inside tvserver I can see all the tuners. However, when I scan for DVB-S channels I see "no signal" message for every transponder.... :(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Good Idea! Ok, now inside tvserver I can see all the tuners. However, when I scan for DVB-S channels I see "no signal" message for every transponder....

Does the scan work fine with the blackgold application, i know nothing about dvb-s tuning, so hopefully someone will point you to a setting that you may need to change to get this to work.

Users who are viewing this thread