Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, Damien has done a different B3wide skin in a seperate post.

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    can someone point me to the correct dll and skin files to get the my tvseries that has the 9..I think its nine scrolling banners on the main menu.

I am running the new mp 1.0 and have tried varius dll's and don't get this menu format. that said perhaps this is the new way of doing it with fanart in which case I am clueless how it works

Let me know..perhaps I am just behind the times

RICHARDG

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Canada
    add images of what I was expecting

This is what I am expecting yet don't get it.
    I must have the wrong things

Attachments

• user53582_pic147_1229360966.jpg
      user53582_pic147_1229360966.jpg
      35.6 KB
    • home-simple.jpg
      home-simple.jpg
      89.1 KB

bieber

May 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Distorted layout with ListPosters and ListBanners

Hi there!

I just tried the new skin files, using MP 1.0 and TVSeries SVN 3296. And, "yes", i DID clear the cache...

When i set series layout to "ListPosters" or "ListBanners" in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml, series view looks "strange" -
    the "WideBanners" layout is OK, though.

The "List" season view shows a similar layout problem - i'll attach some screenshots. The overlapping seems not to be screen resolution dependend, it looks the same on a 1280x1024 display in fullscreen mode!

TVSeries is configured to download posters and banners, i changed layout settings in TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml and didn't touch anything else. Have i missed something?

So long, Sebastian

Attachments

• ListPosters view.JPG
      ListPosters view.JPG
      76.8 KB
    • season view.JPG
      season view.JPG
      54.2 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I don't believe Gamejester has included support for any other layouts except for the defaults defined. This may come later, but is entirely up to him if he wishes to support it.

bieber

May 19, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I don't believe Gamejester has included support for any other layouts except for the defaults defined. This may come later, but is entirely up to him if he wishes to support it.

Of course it is. I didn't intend to criticize Gamejester's work - if my posting can be misunderstood as doing so, i apologize for that!

In the meantime, i reverted the skin settings to their defaults and they work flawlessly.

Gamejester, if i may suggest something: Maybe, it could save semi nerds like me from messing up if the SkinSettings.xml wouldn't document unsupported layout options...

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    At a later date I plan to add setting so the SkinSettings also describes the supported layouts. This is going to come in handy when functionality to change layouts in the GUI is added.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah as Damien said the support for other layouts is not in the skin, so if you change it from the defaults it will look bad. Putting the supported formats in the TVSeries.SkinSettings.xml is a good feature enhancemnt; might just add it as a comment in the file for now so users know what to expect if they change things.

Whether it will support other layouts in the future or not, maybe! This is just a quick static port from the more fancy animated one I am doing, so it really depends what looks good in that one; not planning on maintaining two very different looking skins.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Here is an updaed one with a few bits tidied up, also has the mising files!
    Have included both the animated and simple versions in it, the default one is the animated one just to give you a taster. There are a few rendering issues with it yet so if it annoys you replace it with the simple version.
    To do this there are 3 files:

TVSeries.xml
    TVSeries-animated.xml
    TVSeries-simple.xml

Just delete TVseries.xml and copy/rename either the animated or simple one to TVSeries.xml; then re-start MP.

Animited one use:
    Additional info screens pop out if you press right or left on a highlighted item on a screen.
    ie, in the banners view pressing left when in the left column will rotate the banners and pop out an info pannel.
    in the episodes list view, pressing right or left will spin the description to reveal full episode info on the back!

Give it a try.
    Like I said there are some bugs, so if you get a weirdly drawn screen pressing right then left will cause all the animations to fire and re-draw the screen correctly.

Attachments

• Blue3.rar
      30.6 KB

Users who are viewing this thread