Blue3 Skinfiles For TV-Series (1 Viewer)

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Try this version.
    Not fired it up but should fix most of the things you said line fanart screen fonts and logorules path.
    I also rotated the info image in the pannel on the series screen, I hope this works! (basically the image I am using is from b3 and is vertical pannel, but I am resizing it to horizontal which look rubbish, so now I am displaying it the correct direction but rotating it in the skin)DID NOT WORK
    Have just replaced the graphic with a different one in the existing skin which look better.

removed, new version below.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's the screenshot. It's only in Season view that First Aired shows atm. This is from my 1280x1024 LCD monitor. It's bigger, so clearer to see. It's a bit better on my 720x576 TV, but still bumps a bit. It's a really minor point, don't sweat it! I know you like to be perfect!

I figured the left/right arrow problem was likely due to the rotations coming :) It's worth waiting for! But I'm glad to hear you know about it and are working on it.

Now Playing, on the main series listing? Good luck! Maybe with rotation/sliding menus but I doubt it. There is room on the Season view if you like, but I only go to the episode screen when a file is playing, not the series or season listings. BTW, I love your Season filmstrip style. Very nice!

Thanks for the heads up re the fanart issues. I will try to post the issues on googlecode tonight.

I noticed there was no common.window.TVseries.xml. I just thought there weren't any changes!

There is something very special coming with this for full episode details!

Now that's just mean ;) Those of us with 4:3 screens have to wait because our favorite skins won't be able to support it till they get the code!

P.S. Thanks for the new files, I'll check them out tonight!

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Logos and Fanart Downloading fonts work! Thanks! Although the text on the Fanart download page that says "Available for Downloading" or "Local File Available" is still tiny. I tried to change it, but I think it is embedded somewhere. Now you are going to tell me to report that to Damien as well aren't you!

I also rotated the info image in the pannel on the series screen, I hope this works! (basically the image I am using is from b3 and is vertical pannel, but I am resizing it to horizontal which look rubbish, so now I am displaying it the correct direction but rotating it in the skin)

You lost me there! There is a kind of vertical box on the background that doesn't make much sense. Is that what you mean? Here's a screenshot.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Yeah, I got a chance to look at it and the x axis rotation is not firing so box appears vertical.
    Owe well, done away with that now and just found another graphic to use from the skin.
    Also moved over the date on season in this one for you, give that a try - original skin is 720x576 so I guess the re-size is not quite perfect or the aspect is slightlys different on your screen.

Also moved the waiting animation to centre top, looked a bit odd in that screenshot, again not noticed it before.

File removed, newer version in later post.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Yup, that's got it. The box looks good. First Aired date is fine. And the waiting animation, it always drove me crazy there! Like hypnosis! Thankyou! GOOD IDEA!

I did notice your fan art resolution in TVSeries.Fanart.xml is set to 1024x576. Was that intentional? It does leave a blank space at the bottom of the screen.

So do you have a date yet for the 'fancy' version? I'm guessing you are waiting for all the bugs in the plugin to be ironed out before finalizing the skin files. It's just that the sooner skin developers get it, the sooner they can start working on TVSeries in their own skins for us. I'm just whining cuz the widescreen guys have had access for a couple of weeks via streamedMP and I can't even try it out! :( I'll shut up so you can get back to work!

P.S. Still no common.window.TVseries.xml?

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    The fan art set is intentional. The size of the skin is 720x576, so the fan art should be 1024x576 to keep the correct aspect ratio; then just the left 2/3 of the image is viewable.

Are you telling me when the skin is upscalled then then the fanart is not??
    Is a standard image so it should be; this could be a bug. ANy chance of a screen shot.

Not got my dev pc with me at the moment so cannot get the common file, will upload it later.

The fancy version is finished, but shows up some code bugs that need fixing before it is released.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Here's a screenshot, but in reviewing the images, I think it is actually the original image that is the problem, it was designed for left side display not full background.

gamejester

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 13, 2007
    Home Country
    Well that one goes to the bottom (which was your original fault log) so i guess some of your fanart is old left style stuff; try updating it within the plugin from thetvdb.com; all their fanart is full screen.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well that one goes to the bottom (which was your original fault log) so i guess some of your fanart is old left style stuff; try updating it within the plugin from thetvdb.com; all their fanart is full screen.

Yeah, that was actually on a different skin that has not yet been optimized for fanart! :sorry:

Testing too many things at once!

Users who are viewing this thread