Broadband Technologies Air2PC-ATSC-PCI HDTV card (r0.2; DVB) (1 Viewer)

ant

Portal Member
October 11, 2005
An Ant Farm
MediaPortal v0.2RC2 detected the card I think. Somehow, I cannot get any signals from channel scan. DVB Viewer TechniSat Edition had no problems. Am I missing something?

WAK47

Portal Member
April 23, 2006
Unfortunately I don't think that the card has BDA drivers. I have read that the Skystar card is working, and since Air2PC uses the same drivers, maybe there is a work-around?

WAK47

Portal Member
April 23, 2006
http://mp.pastebin.com/707119.

I forget to mention - autotune finds channels if the Air2PC is already tuned to a channel, but only on channel 1. So if it's tuned to 19, it'll find the channels for channel 19, on channel 1. However, I am unable to view these channels in mediaportal anyway.

EDIT: From looking at the log, it seems like MediaPortal is scanning the wrong frequencies... is there a way to specify which frequencies to scan?

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WAK47,

Sorry to mess you around I guess I didn't read the post correctly.
    I thought you had an Air Star2 (DVB-T) card.
    Unfortunately the ATSC Air2PC is currently not supported we need someone in the US to tweak the code to make it work.
    Since we're in Europe we cannot do it.

Most of the SDK code & methods have been implemented and the code is handled primarily in DVBGraphSkyStar2.cs & DVBSkyStar2Helper.cs in the source code.

Sorry again.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had a quick look...

Although for BDA ATSC tuning it's done via channel number with the Air2PC it requires a frequency.

Try the latest SVN and then post your log again.

DMAN

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok try the next build please and post the log.
    Hopefully the frequencies should be correct now.
    Let it do a full tune also please.

DMAN

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but DD told me, those where beta drivers, and some cards did have problems with them. Here you can find stable older drivers, Digital Devices Store But 3.0.3.224 did not work for me, so the latest stable...
    Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but...
    I recently upgraded my somewhat ancient 1.16 installation to the latest version, 1.25, and have a couple of problems, but the most...
    Replies
    Views
    I noticed that ... I fixed it, so if somebody downloads it from here it won´t confuse people... :) I deleted the old file and uploaded new file instead.
    I noticed that ... I fixed it, so if somebody downloads it from here it won´t confuse people... :) I deleted the old file and...
    Hi there, My cable provider (DVB-C) has updated some channels and therefore I have to re-scan all the available channels. The...
    Replies
    Views
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards? (You'll need to stop MP TV Server running when you do this - use the 'Manual Control' tab in TV server config to stop/start it - as it won't share tuners with other software).
    No experience at all with sat stuff, but do TBS provide (or suggest) viewing/test software that will work with their cards...
    Hi Guys, I'm currently getting my system back up and running again after a long absence. No point in having spent ££££'s on kit...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a solution, only two "Workarounds". First is to try native TVE35 with MP2, i did not have any continuity errors or hickups with that constellation. Second would be to change the cam, I tried RTL HD with a Deltacam...
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a...
    Hi MediaPortal Support Team, I've a problem that really drives me crazy because I've no explanation for this phenomenon. Since a...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've learned in just one place in the hope it might help someone either starting out or, having issues with DVB-T aerial reception. Whilst there are many variables I've not listed I think I've covered the more...
    I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've...
    I'm almost sure all has been written before in both the instructions and on this forum but, I thought I'd write about what I've...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom