Bug reports for version 2.0.2 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadFury

Portal Pro
June 28, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey Marv,

On one of my systems, I have IFC set not to autostart.
It is hooked up to a large projector, and I usually don't need/want correction.

I have it setup so I can use the IFC snapshot to crop/zoom on demand if needed.
IFC sometimes seems to turn itself on, it will start auto cropping and zooming itself even tho I have it set not to.

It seems to be triggered after I use the manual snapshot, if I change the channel it starts auto scanning again?
I haven't done much testing yet, but it seems this may be the way to reproduce.

is this a known issue?

Thanks!

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bill,

no its not known here.

The hint that auto start is active after you snapshotted maybe helps, I'll have a look at.

Thanks.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Billy,

found the auto start bug.

FYI: Added a patched core/DXUtil for MP 1.1.1 for testing the resize option.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes, check out the beta thread, updated it right now.

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Marvman

I tested the version with the resizing option and reduced the capture size down to 25%, but still get random drops every 10 seconds. What actually do you think is the bottleneck on the systems, since I do not have any CPU spikes caused by IFC?

hirscho

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Just stumbled on a UI-bug:

I was test 'n benchmarking with a screenshot, and I noticed that if I move the slider (from single black bar height) I get good results, (black bars detected when at 6.0% and no bars detected when at 7.0%).
    So, if I slide it to 6.0% and hit "test your screenshot", it detects bars, when I slide it to 7.0 it doesn't. But after that, when I type 6.0 in the spinedit it doesn't detect the bars (and neither if I use the spin-buttons to put it to 6.0), so in those cases it seems to use other values than it displays. (Maybe some onchange events not correctly set?)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Regular frame drop on HD

Hi Marvman,

In the course of migrating my current XP system to Win7 Pro, I discovered a flaw in connection with IFC (2.0.2) and HD channels:

When IFC is activated, HD channels drop exactly one frame about every 6 seconds (as can be seen with Shft-1).
    • The frame drop disappears when IFC is deactivated
    • No problem with SD channels
    • Activating/deactivating the HD support in the IFC config has no influence
    • No frame drops if IFC is run in windowed mode
    Any idea where this could be coming from?

EDIT: I changed the scan intervall from its 3500 standard to 7000 - and the effect is gone!? I then changed the interval back to 3500, but no further frame drop occured since then

Regards, HTPC_Sourcer

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sorry, I had no time to test with latest svn, I think the plugin compatibility check kills the latest version. But I'll will build one and when I have more time I'll upload the sources to a public svn or git repository

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread