Can't access localhost:8080 on iPhone (1 Viewer)

Damstas

Portal Member
November 18, 2014
Home Country
Finland Finland
I can use WebMediaPortal on my Server-PC with localhost:8080, but when I go to Safari and type in localhost:8080, it just says that the webpage is invalid. Is this the right address? Can't find any info.

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Localhost only work on the pc where webmp is installed. On your iphone you need to enter the real ip of the server pc. E.g. 192.168.1.100 instead of localhost.

Damstas

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Ah. I though it was some other IP, not my computer's IP. Well thx anyway.

EDIT: I typed my IP and :8080, and it still won't connect

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Did you first try IP:8080 on your server pc to make sure that the ip is correct? Is your phone on the same network? Check Windows firewall if that blocks the port, you can e.g. try to turn it off and then check on your phone. If it works then add an exception on that port in the firewall.

Damstas

Portal Member
    November 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Got it right now. Problem was with the IP address. Now it's working. Didn't need to change firewall settings. Thx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP and set logs and rebooted and ran TVServer. Didn't do anything in regard to S Loopback adapter. I've been using NextPvr since the problem became insurmountable. Only reason it's not a good long term...
    I uninstalled MP, made sure no sub folders were left n any programmes folders, changed the computer name, rebooted, installed MP...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Mediaportal 2.4.1 DE
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin. The TVMosaic server is not part of it. you'll need to install TVMosaic Community Edition additionally. Everything is described in linked thread.
    Please use this thread for any TVMosaic related topics. It seams you have only installed MP2.4.1 with the TVMosaic client plugin...
    I just tried to install Mediaportal 2.4.1, having an old Mediaportal 1 at the same time. Unfortunately i did only see later that...
    Replies
    Views
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I get CRC check error. On third try I don't get CRC error
    On Windows 11 I'm having a similar experience, except it's with MySql. Today I downloaded MediaPortalSetup_1.31_Release.zip and I...
    When I was installing MP 1.31 last weekend I selected to download the files and install from a local folder. I got these messages...
    Replies
    Views
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem - unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. And Hostname is still in red. I don't understand - this is a dedicated TV computer. Unless an update did this I don't know why there's a problem in the...
    I removed all sign of MySQL, rebooted, did a clean reinstall. It reinstalled 5.6, But I've still got both the same problem -...
    I've been using MediaPortal for 20 or so years. Last night it recorded perfectly. This arvo it doesn't - will run videos but not...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom