Chaining FireDTV boxes... (1 Viewer)

Trax

Portal Member
September 13, 2005
I'm considering more than one version of FireDTV (a DVB-C, DVB-T and DVB-S). But does anyone know how many FireDTV you can chain on one FireWire?

T

themec

Hi Trax,
I tested already two FireDTVs at the same time with mediaportal at everything works perfectly.

Combining different version of FireDTV or FloppyDTV is never a problem. From FireWire point of view you can connect about 5-6FireDTV at the same time and watching at HDTV with each of them without any problem.

You can join the digital everywhere forum and ask there about the multi-tuner capability of FireDTV/FloppyDTV
http://firedtv.com/support

If you can read German you can try asking this other guys about their result in testing multituner capability of FireDTV/FloppyDTV
http://www.myhtpc.de/showtopic.php?threadid=4406&pagenum=lastpage&highlight=firedtv#bottom

bye
TheMec

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 TV Server crashes again and again DE
Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many thanks Tom
Hello ge2301, Yes, that was the problem: After switching off the TV Movie EPG import plug-in, the TV server runs through. Many many...
Hello, yesterday I set up a new media portal. The last time I did this was a few years ago. So that I am very unsure. I set up a...
Replies
Views
If you search in forum for "0x80070643" you find several threads with solutions. [solved] - Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2 installation MP2 - V2.4.1 - [solved] - MP2-V2.4.1 Installation crashes
If you search in forum for "0x80070643" you find several threads with solutions. [solved] - Fatal Error 0x80070643 during MP2...
Greetings All - newbie here I'm getting an error when attempting to install MP2: Error 1064: An Exception occurred in the service...
Replies
Views
Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody could see I was in netherlands. I think the flag should be related to the country entered and shown ;)
Ok, have a good vacation in Egypt :) Me might have to tell @high to turn off the automated flag for privacy reasons. Also everybody...
Hi, Everyone in MP land. A few days ago, I was quietly thinking how reliable my MP2 HTPC has been over the last 18months. Well you...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 1.30.0 Channel 5 missing DE
Many thanks for capturing and posting this for me. Channel 5 now renewed!!! Still really curious as to why the full scan didn't seem to find it.
Many thanks for capturing and posting this for me. Channel 5 now renewed!!! Still really curious as to why the full scan didn't...
Is anyone else having a problem with Channel 5? Until recently it was fine but I have just discovered that I can no longer view...
Replies
Views
I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the Schedules Direct plugin.
I was able to get everything working using mc2xml and xmltv. I still use SchedulesDirect as a source, but have turned off the...
I don't know if anyone is still supporting SchedulesDirect at this point, but I'm about to toss my HTPC in the garbage because I...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom