Chaining FireDTV boxes... (1 Viewer)

Trax

Portal Member
September 13, 2005
I'm considering more than one version of FireDTV (a DVB-C, DVB-T and DVB-S). But does anyone know how many FireDTV you can chain on one FireWire?

T

themec

Hi Trax,
I tested already two FireDTVs at the same time with mediaportal at everything works perfectly.

Combining different version of FireDTV or FloppyDTV is never a problem. From FireWire point of view you can connect about 5-6FireDTV at the same time and watching at HDTV with each of them without any problem.

You can join the digital everywhere forum and ask there about the multi-tuner capability of FireDTV/FloppyDTV
http://firedtv.com/support

If you can read German you can try asking this other guys about their result in testing multituner capability of FireDTV/FloppyDTV
http://www.myhtpc.de/showtopic.php?threadid=4406&pagenum=lastpage&highlight=firedtv#bottom

bye
TheMec

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes, there will be many things. Main reason is simply, that MP2 is not developed based on MP1. I for example never used MP1. I tried it lately to test voice control and was shocked about many inconsistancies in...
Hi, must be really a while, cuz I can not remember any post from you ;) But might be also that I joined the team too late. Yes...
It´s been a while... :) Well, simply the reason is cause MP1 was working so well... :) Now I decided to upgrade my old servers and...
Replies
Views
Is there any remote app in the playstore which use bonjour?
Is there any remote app in the playstore which use bonjour?
Hello, the new MP2.3 Version includes a possibility for a WiFi Remote. :) But i have no experience in this case and need a step by...
Replies
Views
don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
don't worry, if win7 64bit, it will be compatible W10. i have old hauppauge done for win XP :whistle:
Hi everyone! I found a good deal for a new-in-box (NOS) Hauppage Wintv HVR-5525 TV Tuner card and I'm considering buying it even...
Replies
Views
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Help with TV setup DE
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch them there. I don't have NextPVR working yet so I don't get any TV guide or able to record. But it's closer than I've been before. I don't understand why HDhomerun can pick up my channels and MP picks them...
I really wanted MP to work but I downloaded NextPVR and HDhomerun. HDhomerun picked up all my channels right away and I can watch...
I’ve looked around and this MediaPortal seems like the perfect thing for me. I just can’t seem to get it setup correctly...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom