closed caption problem (1 Viewer)

John David

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I made a clean update from MP1 15 to MP 17 this week and now am unable to utilize any closed caption. I'm at a loss to know what I've done wrong in the process. Any others have some ideas of how to fix this? Logs attached

John David

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    Home Country
    My sincere thanks for your entry. In response to these two links you call to my attention . . .
    1. I confirm that Video Renderer = EVR
    2. I confirm that video & audio codexes = LAV
    3. I confirm that all subtitle settings are indeed checked.

Still cannot activate cc. When I right click on tv screen, click "Actions: subtitle" then appears "2. Auto:none"

Were you suggesting I install TsReader_1.15.zip or TsReader_1.16.zip ?
    I ask before doing so as I'm using MP1 17.

Last edited:

John David

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2016
    Lancaster County, PA
    Home Country
    Thanks. Now I'll need to figure out how to directly contact Owlsroost. I presume in a direct "new conversation." I appreciate the tip.

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I made a clean update from MP1 15 to MP 17 this week and now am unable to utilize any closed caption. I'm at a loss to know what I've done wrong in the process. Any others have some ideas of how to fix this? Logs attached

If you did a 'clean' update i.e. you didn't carry over your old settings, please check that you have the Core CC Parser filter added in TV post processing and the TV subtitle settings are correct - see How to get CC in ATSC/QAM streams

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

@Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is completey broken with NET4 and NET6 :( Neither an existing profile can be selected nor a new one can be created.
    @Brownard another logs of failed installations. I'll take a look into the user management. Edit: I can confirm user management is...
    Description: Hi there. First of all, I appreciate all the effort in MediaPortal 2 release 2.5 - visible changes look great (eg...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    That's great. Glad there is no issue.
    I am in the process of moving my media portal installation to a new PC running Windows 11. I open TV-Server configuration go to TV...
    Replies
    Views
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect version I ended up with.
    You are right, the one on the repository is correct, not sure how I ended up with a different version. See attached the incorrect...
    We have just released MediaPortal 1.32 Halloween Thanks to the great work of our new developer Pablik we are now able to present...
    Replies
    Views
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
    Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom