[solved] Couldn't show chinese in the skin? (1 Viewer)

meinu

Portal Member
January 11, 2016
Home Country
China China
when i open MediaPortal2,it couldn't show chinese in the skin,but can show english,how can i do?[DOUBLEPOST=1452490930][/DOUBLEPOST]all the chinese in the skin couldn't show.by the way i use win 10 chinese version.

Attachments

• mp.png
    mp.png
    1 MB
  • mp1.png
    mp1.png
    878.6 KB
  • mp2.png
    mp2.png
    933.9 KB
Last edited:

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Character support depends on the used font inside the Skin. Unfortunately I don't know any font which covers all unicode letters (cyrillic, hebrew, chinese...)

If you like you might try to change the default font of the skin. There are 2 things you would have to do:
    The links above do only point to the source codes, on your local installation you find them here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Client\Plugins\Titanium\Skin\Titanium\fonts

Let me know if you need further help, I'm curious about screenshots in chinese :)

meinu

Portal Member
    January 11, 2016
    Home Country
    China China
    thanks morpheus_xx.i modified these two files ,then reboot my pc,but still couldn't show chinese.

meinu

Portal Member
    January 11, 2016
    Home Country
    China China
    thanks Vasilich.
    My fonts folder screenshot[DOUBLEPOST=1452560107][/DOUBLEPOST]default-font.xml screenshot[DOUBLEPOST=1452560143][/DOUBLEPOST]Arial.desc screenshot[DOUBLEPOST=1452560210][/DOUBLEPOST]ArialBold.desc screenshot

Attachments

• mp.png
      mp.png
      93.5 KB
    • mp1.png
      mp1.png
      34.1 KB
    • mp2.png
      mp2.png
      22.1 KB
    • mp3.png
      mp3.png
      22.5 KB

meinu

Portal Member
    January 11, 2016
    Home Country
    China China
    @Vasilich the screenshot of MP after i modified fonts .

Attachments

• mp4.PNG
      mp4.PNG
      1.7 MB
    • mp5.png
      mp5.png
      831.4 KB
    • mp6.png
      mp6.png
      711.6 KB

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Ok. I see that arial is used as skin font. But arial doesn't have chinese chars. You should use "Arial Unicode MS" with font file "ARIALUNI.TTF" - pls check first if it is installed on your PC (it is installed on all my PCs with Windows 7, but it can come with MS Office, so - not sure). Or you can use any other font that supports chinese symbols.

meinu

Portal Member
    January 11, 2016
    Home Country
    China China
    @Vasilich thank you very much.Problem solved!:LOL:
    by the way,is there a way to translate the interface of MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration to chinese?

Attachments

• mp7.png
      mp7.png
      42 KB
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread