Crash after some seconds, importer problem (1 Viewer)

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
When moving pictures plugin is switched on MP crashes after approx. 30s. Even when doing nothing. This even happens when only in configuration mode.
Error log shows an exception.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hrmm.. well your log files are pretty clear. It looks like it's trying to pull a backdrop from the folder containing the movie, but one of your movies in your database is for some reason not linked to any files. Obviously, this is not an expected setup so in some situations (like in the local artwork provider) this causes an error.

Several changes have already been made to prevent this kind of problem. First a few pieces of code that might be causing this situation have been cleaned up. Second, logic is now run on startup of the plug-in to "clean" the database of any bad entries such as the one causing you problems. And third, the actual LocalProvider class causing the specific error you are reporting here has been modified to correctly handle a movie without any files attached (even though, like I said, this is not considered a valid configuration). So I am very confident the new version will solve your problem.

The downside to all of this is of course this will not be available until the next release. If you feel the local backdrop loading logic is very important to you, and you do not mind playing around with unstable and experimental test builds, then PM me and we can talk.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'll try to create a patch for this later today or tomorrow morning. Sorry guys I thought this was more isolated.

murks_muell

Portal Pro
October 14, 2008
Thanks. With 0.64 I switched back on this option and it didn't crash anymore until now. I think I know which movie made it crash - I had several "million dollar baby" in the database which were never on my harddisk and I couldn't get rid of. Movingpcitures didn't remove them. Seems like this bug is gone as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
Replies
Views
Yes. You're right. I've found that removing access to AresPlugin.dll stops AresLog.txt being updated. Although you could delete everything relating to Ares, I think you don't have to once you've removed AresPlugin.dll. Thanks for the help. Tony
Yes. You're right. I've found that removing access to AresPlugin.dll stops AresLog.txt being updated. Although you could delete...
Has anyone seen this error in MP1 1.30: [2022-11-03 07:38:54,863] [Log ] [10 ] [ERROR] - Exception...
Replies
Views
HD terrestrial TV in the UK supports both interlaced and progressive modes. My Sony TV's info screen identifies what mode is currently being received, and I was astonished to observe that the video datastream can switch rapidly between interlaced and progressive, even within single advertisement! :eek: I am glad that you were able...
HD terrestrial TV in the UK supports both interlaced and progressive modes. My Sony TV's info screen identifies what mode is...
Hi I have the strangest problem. On two different downloaded video files, my MP crashes and restarts right after the programme...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.4.1 Mouse support for timeshift DE
I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse friendly as much as possible, because it was almost impossible when I joined the team. As former WMC user I quickly decided to create a WMC-like skin which comes as close as possible in terms of appearance and...
I guess it's really a rare case, most users use remote controls, then keyboards and last mouse. I tired to design things mouse...
Hi, I am new to Media Portal, I am an avid Windows Media Center user, love it and trying to hold onto it as long as possible...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 PiP audio problem DE
@Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as mentioned above, but could confirm the issue on his PC. Have you ever face the problem yet?
@Brownard the user @Nordfinn reminded me in the MP2.5 release thead, that he still has this issue. I could not reproduce it as...
Still trying to solve this: I get no audio from the second picture in PiP mode. Log files of my attempting to do so are attached...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom