Crash window informs about a fontengine.dll crash (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I get a mediaportal crash every time right after closing it... Crash window informs about a fontengine.dll crash... If I switch to Titan, I don't get this crash.

Tom92

Portal Member
    January 14, 2010
    Same here. Being on MP 1.7.1 Hotfix.
    Windows Crash shows Appcrash in conjunction with Fontengine.dll when exiting MP.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

We know the cause but little tricky for fixing it, but at least the crash only happen on close and not while running mp :)

Tom92

Portal Member
    January 14, 2010
    Will try the installer tonight and get back to you.
    Strange thing is that the error occurs more seldom after talking about it here. Maybe it's related to my install of SAF instead of using LAV only before.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    If you can find a way to reproduce it 100% and then try the installer to see if it's better or not would be nice :)

optimalt

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have a clean install of w7 x64 and mp 1.7.1 and have get the fontengine error everytime i close mp. Will also try the patch.

optimalt

Portal Member
    August 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Wow. Didn't realize that this thread was for StreamedMP - sorry! (I get the fontdll error on close with titan)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Yes. You're right. I've found that removing access to AresPlugin.dll stops AresLog.txt being updated. Although you could delete everything relating to Ares, I think you don't have to once you've removed AresPlugin.dll. Thanks for the help. Tony
    Yes. You're right. I've found that removing access to AresPlugin.dll stops AresLog.txt being updated. Although you could delete...
    Has anyone seen this error in MP1 1.30: [2022-11-03 07:38:54,863] [Log ] [10 ] [ERROR] - Exception...
    Replies
    Views
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\Titan\BasicHome.Editor\TitanEditor.exe Only the shortcut was missing.
    I had the same issue and found the executable under C:\ProgramData\Team...
    Hi all, Not a rant, more a sharing of experience (maybe hoping to get some clarification on which wrong turn I took) It has been...
    Replies
    Views
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested [2024-03-03 18:26:58,262] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: TV service found. Checking status... [2024-03-03 18:26:58,263] [Log ] [MPMain ] [INFO ] - Main: TV service is in status Running - proceeding...
    Your log clearly reports: [2024-03-03 18:26:58,258] [Log ] [MPMain ] [DEBUG] - Main: Wait for TV service requested...
    MediaPortal 1.33 Release Written by Team-MediaPortal. We have just released MediaPortal 1.33 - Springtime / 20th Anniversary...
    Replies
    Views
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    (egg in face) I had to dnld SD plugin mpe1 to re install. trying again Thnx
    Pre Releases are provided as a way for the community to test and give feedback on all the exciting things we have lined up for the...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom