Database has become corrupt. Any suggestion for a fix? (1 Viewer)

toricred

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2006
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I am having similar problems with a client. In addition there is significant stuttering. I am attaching log files that indicate to me that the database has become corrupt. Any suggestion for a fix?

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Yes, your database is corrupt. You need to delete your database file from:

Code:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\database

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you are lucky a backup was created last time you ran a big upgrade, so look for an MP-TVSeries folder inside the database folder, as it might hold a backup you can restore back to (simply overwrite the "TVSeriesDatabase4.db3" file).

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Or take a look at the DB itself. It might not be corrupted at all and just TV Series cannot handle some stuff.

I had constant crashes in the past with the importer until I cleaned up the DV (shows were referenced multiple times...). But doing so requires some understanding of DBs and you have to be a quick learner to understand what TVSeries is storing where and for what reason.

But probably the easiest solution for most people will be a full re-import on a clean DB.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had some issues when I upgraded to 1.2.1 for some reason.
    I was still able to get into MP-TVSeries config, and I exported my "watched list"
    I then deleted my DB as mentioned above, and re imported all my shows.

Went back into MP-TVSeries config, and imported my watched list.
    All was good after this.

jpichie

Portal Pro
    May 12, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Go to "mediaportal configuration"
    From there, go to plugins -> MPTVseries, Config.
    Under the "general" tab, there is a link to "export watched flags"

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    I have all of my media on a NAS. I guess it might just be a network issue, then.
    Whenever I go into the back end for Moving Pictures, it almost immediately hangs on the Movie Importer tab. If I want to go into...
    Replies
    Views
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is not extensive). It is strange that you mention this because there are now four DVB-T channels in the UK that behave in the same way (this is new for the UK). I think that these might be some sort of...
    I have not experienced that myself, and I don't know of any reason why that might occur (but my knowledge of how TV Server works is...
    I am running MePo 1.32 X86 on Windows 11 Ryzen 9 7900X 32GB DDR5 RAM 1TB NVME Boot Drive 4TB NVME Data drive RTX 3060 12GB I have...
    Replies
    Views
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom