Default refresh rate not applied when switching directly to different media? (2 Viewers)

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Almost correct. When setting default freq. MP always switches back to default after playing a video, so when tv is started, it's already correct

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Yes, but what I was trying to say was (if you do not have the 'default' enabled) it should always switch to the 'TV'/'HDTV' setting in DRR when TV is started (otherwise there is no point in having the specific TV/HDTV settings in DRR, as far as I can see) ?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Yep :)

When debugging this night and do some fixes, now it switch back to default value (that value can be any value 60/50/100/59 etc.)
    That mean, you are right Tony, when we start TV, it should switch on TV value and not the default one or switch on default one (when enable) and if disable switch to TV value (always).

On UNC it's ok because we get the FPS so it will switch by following the rules of DRR setting.
    On RTSP it's not because we can't get FPS value.

The branch/patch started by disaster123 and with your help tony can correct it (the stream can be analysed :) ).

So i think it's needed to add a check (hardcoded) to use TV DRR setting if DRR is enable for TV. (force to switch on TV refresh when using TV).
    Actually that not the case.

The workaround here (in actual 1.3.0Final) is to set default Value = TV, like this MP will always go back to default value = TV value :)

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The workaround here (in actual 1.3.0Final) is to set default Value = TV, like this MP will always go back to default value = TV value

This workaround will possibly make problems with myemulator or am I wrong?

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    The workaround here (in actual 1.3.0Final) is to set default Value = TV, like this MP will always go back to default value = TV value

Hey,
    i'm not sure that it will make problems, i didn't use myemulator, why do you think it can cause issue ?
    You can try both bin from this thread and try :)

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For me its working fine with myEmulators/ Games ! Please correct me if i am understanding soemthing wrong.
    I set default Refreshrate to 50hz and some games switch it to 60hz or 30hz. After closing the games MP switchs back to default refreshrate. I enabled the option "suspend MP while playing" inside myEmulators config. I didnt test it with the 1.3.0 final but will do it within the next days.

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I didn't know, that Myemulators also switch refresh rate.

I asked, because I'm using my HTPC also for video games. Sometimes older games with Myemulators, but mostly on Steam.
    If refresh rate isn't set to 60hz, I get heavy tearing in most of my games.

legnod

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 24, 2011
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    myEmulators doesnt switch refreshrates but maybe the game you play! e.g. need for speed - the run. You can set the refreshrate/ FPS to 24/30/50/60.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom