Default refresh rate not applied when switching directly to different media? (1 Viewer)

radical

Portal Pro
December 16, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Now i understand what you mean.

Sorry, but i can't confirm your experience.
For me, if MP has set refresh rate to 50hz, it won't change to 60hz by starting any game.
It's not a big deal at all and has nothing to do with the actual topic. I only wanted to know if there is another way.

TheBatfink

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 11, 2007
    Nottingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It is a big deal, a fix that breaks something else isn't really ideal :) plus I use myemulators too lol but its on a machine running @DJBlu SVN build so I don't know if I can mess with core.dll to be able to test stuff on it.

To be honest, I'm curious what purpose default refresh rate was really created for. If its to handle media it can't detect the framerate of (ie TV) then surely it would be better to go Tonys route and actually work a way of getting the framerate in all cases or using it only for TV, or using the default rate ONLY when MePo cant detect a framerate and doesn't know what to set it to (fall back)?

@radical what core.dll are you using with myemulators? If its the original I can do the same test also.

Last edited:

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Really not sure, but I think its the ordinary core.dll. I can't remember to have change it at any time.

Last edited:

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Original thread here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ger-or-fps-detection-without-mediainfo.97885/

and that need update my reply start from here : https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...on-without-mediainfo.97885/page-3#post-936412 and need good dev to implement such from gibman comment.

Actually, that is quite a difficult way to achieve my goal.
    What will suffice for me has been said a couple of times (if I'm reading correctly), and would be to have a setting which will be used for unknown sources (and only if one of those sources is selected for playback)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    I could be nice to have the drr based on stream but effectively if none (unknown sources) is detected, why not to set a defaut drr :)

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    How does the plugin OnlineVideos match the refreshrate of online videos because there is no mediainfo of the streams available?

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Well, lets say better, mediainfo of the stream is available but not before playback. :)

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OnlineVideos uses two methods when possible:
    Since we have our own source filter (which caches the stream to disk), I can run MediaInfo on that first few downloaded kbytes, which is often enough to get an FPS from the metadata which is always at the beginning of a file.
    If that fails I attempt to get FPS from dshowhelper (@Owlsroost version) which has the interface for getting FPS from playing video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom