DefaultWideHD exit dialog (1 Viewer)

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
December 23, 2007
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hi,
i am not able to find the exit dialog where i am able to restart/exit Mediaportal/Computer
which i know from most other skins on the basic home screen...?

MP version 1.20

CyberSimian

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2013
    Southampton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    i am not able to find the exit dialog where i am able to restart/exit Mediaportal/Computer
    Your system specs indicate that you are using a remote control. Remember that you can modify the config file for the remote, and define an unused button to invoke the exit dialogue from anywhere within MP (so you don't need to return to the "Home" panel in order to exit).

As remotes tend to have few unused buttons, on my remote I have defined the START button (aka the GREEN_MARBLE button) to display the "Home" panel from anywhere within MP, but when on the "Home" panel that button displays the exit dialogue (so I don't need an unused button to get to the exit dialogue).

-- from CyberSimian in the UK

zunixnuz

Portal Pro
    December 23, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ever tried top bar?
    I have enabled it now for testing, but I am not able to get the top bar at the DefaultWideHD basic home screen.
    Only on some various sub menues to top bar apears.

Remember that you can modify the config file for the remote, and define an unused button to invoke the exit dialogue from anywhere within MP (so you don't need to return to the "Home" panel in order to exit).
    Ok thanks, nice idea... maybe i will give this i a try

In the meantime i think i will go back to Titan Skin were the Exit Dialog is simply accessable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Will try to do so ;)
    Will try to do so ;)
    I'm customizing DefaultWideHD with larger text for my old eyes. I find that the name for the plugin "Moving Pictures" is too long...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 1.32 StreamedMP Latest Music DE
    No one can help me here?
    No one can help me here?
    In StreamedMP I have the most recently added films (Moving Pictures) and also TV recordings on the home screen. But I made the...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    Hi, yes, you are right. The official x64 1.32 is buggy. You can try a new installers from this post if you like.
    hi, I'm setting up a new computer and have installed MP 1.3.2 after a few goes and getting all the prereqs installed, I was...
    Replies
    Views
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that apparent errors are not rare, but these are "errors" that do not affect the functioning of the product. (It is not desirable to have these errors in the log file, as it misleads users, testers, and...
    Good. I am pleased that that is now working for you. :) If you have ever looked at MP debug log files, you may have noticed that...
    Hi, I am reinstalling MediaPortal 1.13 on a new W10 64Bit computer. In need to use this old version because of TVWishlist. So my...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 Delete recordings DE
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete recordings, if access is guaranted. I’m not sure which connection problems you have. Normally the client is directly connected to the server on startup. In case you feel it’s too long, please describe the issue...
    Hi, please check the yellow box (almost bottom of the page) about deleting recordings in the wiki. It’s possible to delete...
    Hi, I can't seem to find any posts in this forum or on the wiki on deleting recordings. I am currently running 2.4.1 and there...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom