Ongoing Does it have any chance to port Mediaportal to an Android box? (1 Viewer)

satbaba

Banned Users
March 9, 2012
Home Country
China China
Hi,
I know Mediaportal is designed by .net, and now it's only windows version, is there any way to port this exellent S/W to cheaper box? maybe the cpu A8, 1G, 4GB flash and 512m DDR.

cisien

March 7, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
It would require a complete re-design and re-write from the ground up, written for linux.

In addition to .NET, MediaPortal takes advantage of microsoft's BDA, and DirectShow filter frameworks, among other things.

Your best option is to set up aMPdroid, but even that isn't a perfect solution if you are trying to run it as a HTPC.

craigbeat

Portal Member
May 15, 2007
Technically, there's nothing stopping a client being built for Android that could use a native stream. So, for example, you could run an MP server on one machine, and have a phone / tablet / GoogleTV as a client. I already do this on my phone and tablet using aMPDroid, but I use an encoded stream. This works really well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the 10Gbps card I added, so I've connected the HD Homerun directly to the 2.5G port, and its solved the problem, I can now copy large multiple files to the server and not suffer with picture issues. There is...
I'm not sure what the issue was, but I decided to try a different way of solving the problem. My server has a 2.5Gbps port and the...
My MP1 installation works perfectly, except if I transfer large files to my server. Network setup. HD Homerun Quad tuner -...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
Replies
Views
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table so it accommodates IP address changes? The reason I am asking is that I have two subnets here. The subnet1 network is where this box will normally reside and the other, subnet2 network is where the other...
What exactly does setting the IP address to a blank in the Server table do? Is the IP address no longer stored in the Server table...
Was using MediaPortal 1.16 approximately 3 years ago on an old C2Duo E6850 w Win7 Enterprise and 4GB RAM. I stopped using...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.3 mp2.3.2 slow Client DE
I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
I have the same problem in Win 11 pro and MP 2.4.1... As soon I move the mouse the MP client turns really slow or unresponsive.
Good evening, having just fresh installed media portal 2.3.2. Looking at trialing again as it now seems to support what I am...
Replies
Views
@CSMR , is your question answered?
@CSMR , is your question answered?
MP 1 has excellent browsing by folders. Browse on one side of the screen, with info about the currently selected content on the...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom