Download Black Glass Testing SVN skins (1 Viewer)

mat123

Portal Pro
February 28, 2009
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
Re: Download Black Glass skins for Mediaportal 1.2.0 svn

Hi, Tgx,

I have a little request, if you could please make the Alternative bottom OSD for Black Glass Nova HD for Mediaportal 1.2 beta?
That would be really great.

Thanks for all your hard work, I tried a lot of skins and always return to Black Glass :)

:D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
May 26, 2008
Auckland
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand

Hey Tgx, was wondering if you were considering integrating some thing similar to the Maya skin when it comes to being able to watch recently added content straight from the basic home menu.

I understand that this is not easy if not impossible with the UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT all ready being used, have you got any ideas... It is very cool being able to watch recently added content straight then and there... Maybe a "Recently Added" menu could be thrown in with all content, movies and tvseries combined...

Any way just my two cents...

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I've been thinking about it since a while and the only result are the cycling fanarts of the latest revisions. I'm afraid that without a major overhaul of the basic home, this could be nearly impossible... Unless some brilliant ideas ;-)

Thanks

Tgx

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Well the only option is to consolidate the recent content in to an additional section. I remember reading somewhere that an additional ticker could be added displaying new content that is available.

So for instance if you could rotate the ticker, so you have one that is RSS feed but if you press left or right while on that ticker it could change to another ticker.

That in it's self is kinda cool, but actually the most sensible and relatively simple approach would be to have recent content displayed just above the ticker. Listing from left to right with thumbnails of the content. Once you highlight over the image it could zoom in and or display more detailed info.

I will produce a mock-up I think do demonstrate... Right now got a Toddler who is being very noisy, will have to wailt lol... :D

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Hey TGX your fix for the background, could that also work for the PNG's in the classichome menu. The temporary flashing is just annoying... Thanks, will submit mock up in a few hours for basichome. Thanks man..

Tgx

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 22, 2008
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hey TGX your fix for the background, could that also work for the PNG's in the classichome menu. The temporary flashing is just annoying... Thanks, will submit mock up in a few hours for basichome. Thanks man..
    This can be fixed by removing all the hover png files in the "Media" folder. I still have to try another option, but i'm not at home now.

Thanks

Tgx

alexchini

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 30, 2006
    Venice
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I found a problem in browse the web plugin when u go down on the web page u can't go up anymore.

i'm quite sure to have seen this issue before and resolved using an old file from black glass but now i can't remenber which and also i was not lucky with the search here in the forum.

I'm using last black glass nova hd with mepo 1.2 beta

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Okay I'm no skinner but here is the principle...

On your left hand side you have the recent tv series and on the right you have the recent movies.... They come up just like your usual side menus that you have in areas like wikipedia etc.. So to be non intrusive on the main basichome.

The idea I want to try is, having the thumbs of the new content sticking out of the side all so slightly and faded so you can see some thing is new there but not have it go as far as to be intrusive on the main basichome.

Tell me what you think, I spent like five hours just trying to learn how to do this, I know you could do this in a few minutes... LOL

Here are the two edited xml files to make this happen....

INFO: this post has been updated, including the files, they were s%^t....

Attachments

• Black Glass.rar
      5.5 KB

thesystemera

Portal Pro
    May 26, 2008
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

So cool I see that FanartHandler is more powerful than infoservices, I will change to use nothing but fanarthander soon but check this out, you just press left a few times and it cycles through the different options between Movies, TV, TV Series and Music... When I have more time I will make a submenu for all, I still think having one of the left and right would be better, less clicks required and that is what it is all about...

Have a geezz.... Oh also you can play all content directly from within basichome...

Currently needs latest InfoService and latest FanArtHandler..

Attachments

• Black Glass.rar
      5.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom