Dutch TV guide

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by Toley, October 6, 2005.

1. Toley

Toley Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To get the dutch TV-Guide working look here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Traverse

Traverse Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Nice link...good information about installation of MP in Dutch, my compliments.

4. onkl

onkl Portal Pro

economist
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Dank U.

For all, this is not just a XML EPG grabber manual.
    The sollution is a server with the XML files ready which are -by means of a script- transfered to your PC. Much faster and more details. Even of regional and otherwise rather obscure channels :)

5. RobP

RobP New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Without knowing about the other guy I wrote a similar VBS script (GrabTvNL) that gets the pregrabbed Dutch television program data. It has the same capabilities as EPG manager plus some extra stuff. You can preset the channels that you want in your guide. So you do not see a lot of irrelevant information about channels you cannot receive. It also enables you to merge the resulting Dutch tvguides with one or more other tvguides(e.g. French, British) from elsewhere. You can again preset the channels of those guides, so the completed guide is completely tailored to your personal requirements. If you need it, then just get it from http://members.home.nl/robertprins/

6. fpouels

fpouels Portal Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well done Robert ! I really like your solution. Previously I used the EPG Manager to download the pregrabbed xml files, but this gave me way too much information in the tvguide.xml for channels I did not have. When searching in the guide using the mp-webinterface I ended up with non-valid results because of this. But now I really find what's available, thanks to your quick and tailored solution !

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!