Dutch TV guide (1 Viewer)

Traverse

Portal Member
October 2, 2004
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Nice link...good information about installation of MP in Dutch, my compliments.

onkl

Portal Pro
February 18, 2005
Wageningen
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Dank U.

For all, this is not just a XML EPG grabber manual.
The sollution is a server with the XML files ready which are -by means of a script- transfered to your PC. Much faster and more details. Even of regional and otherwise rather obscure channels :)

RobP

October 26, 2005
Deventer, Netherlands
Without knowing about the other guy I wrote a similar VBS script (GrabTvNL) that gets the pregrabbed Dutch television program data. It has the same capabilities as EPG manager plus some extra stuff. You can preset the channels that you want in your guide. So you do not see a lot of irrelevant information about channels you cannot receive. It also enables you to merge the resulting Dutch tvguides with one or more other tvguides(e.g. French, British) from elsewhere. You can again preset the channels of those guides, so the completed guide is completely tailored to your personal requirements. If you need it, then just get it from http://members.home.nl/robertprins/

fpouels

Portal Member
April 16, 2005
Bennekom
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Well done Robert ! I really like your solution. Previously I used the EPG Manager to download the pregrabbed xml files, but this gave me way too much information in the tvguide.xml for channels I did not have. When searching in the guide using the mp-webinterface I ended up with non-valid results because of this. But now I really find what's available, thanks to your quick and tailored solution !

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks for your help.
Hi. I tried what you said in your last reply and finally got the EPG Grabber to work and get all the data for the channels. Thanks...
HI. I am having big problems with this. I went through the instructions online a couple of weeks ago and I seem to get the full TV...
Replies
Views
I have never used Kodi, so I cannot give you any advice on getting Kodi to work with MP's TV Server. However... I notice that there is a new version of Kodi's "MediaPortal PVR Client" (dated today!) for Kodi version 19. It might be worth trying that. Download it from here. If it still does not work, I think that you will need to...
I have never used Kodi, so I cannot give you any advice on getting Kodi to work with MP's TV Server. However... I notice that...
I couldn't get it to work, either I can see the TV guide but TV channel won't play or keep saying TV server starting up 0%. Any idea?
Replies
Views
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all second-hand or third-hand knowledge... There is a "TV Server" plugin for "Schedules Direct". Is this the plugin you installed, or are you referring to something provided by "Schedules Direct"? The...
I live in the UK and have never used an internet EPG with MP. Hence I have never used "Schedules Direct", so the following is all...
I live in the US and get my TV from over the air ATSC. Originally I believe I got my guide data from WebEPG, but that stopped...
Replies
Views
MP1 MP2 Guide doesn't show DE
I figured out my issue. Found this post and adding a group for radio channels fixed my problem too. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-guide-label-missing.99465/
I figured out my issue. Found this post and adding a group for radio channels fixed my problem too...
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me figure out what is happening here. When i try to open the guide it doesn't load. I get a screen...
Replies
Views
Great, thanks. Much better now...
Great, thanks. Much better now...
I recently switched over to MP2 after a few years use of MP1. I only use MP to watch (ota) television, through my PC tuner card...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom