DVB-T card with CI? (1 Viewer)

butcherBoy

Portal Pro
September 7, 2004
Germany
hi!

do you have encrypted channels on dvb-t? here in germany there are no encrypted channels on dvb-t. and i don't know any dvb-t cards with ci module.

the butcher

P

pako

Just a though but does any of the poorman cams work with softcsa and dvb-t cards ie nova-t or similar.. because that might be the answer.. the uk top up tv uses seca2 i think and you can certainly get a PMC which uses phoenix interface to work with seca2 on sat cards although i havnt tried with MP maybe some one else has tried
cheers
pako

A

Anonymous

DVB with CI interface

I believe that Haupauge make a DVB-CI
I believe it to be a full hardware card, unlike the DVB-T.

Technotrend make the software for Hauppauges DVB-T cards plus some of the DVB-S cards, they list a card called a DVB-T Premium which I believe has a connector on the card for a CI

http://www.technotrend.de/english/products/pcproducts2-2.html

Also Nebula Electronics make a card called the Digi TV which is available in USB or PCI, they have software support for a card interface, and they in the process of desiging a USB CI

www.nebula-electronics.com

Unfortunately the Nebula doesn't currently work with mediaportal, which is a real shame asit's the best DVB card by a mile / kilometre

Hope this helps

A

Anonymous

FireDTV DVB-T has built-in CI(Common Interface)

FireDTV DVB-T has built-in CI(Common Interface) which works flawlessly on almost any CAM and Smart Cards, FireDTV DVB-S also has CI

A

Anonymous

Thank you all for the replies. Yes, here in Sweden we have encrypted DVB-T channels. Almost all of them are encrypted. FireDTV DVB-T looks interesting.

Could it be a problem having two digital tv-cards in the same computer? I'm thinking of trying a FireDTV DVB-T as you mentioned and a TwinhanDTV Cab-CI DVB-C card.

Thanx again!

A

Anonymous

I saw that the FireDTV DVB-T card was an external card which wasnt what I was thinking of. I would like to have just two pci card, one for digital cable and one for digital terrestial, both with built-in CI. I'm thinking of buying the Silverstone LC11 case which only has room for 2 pci slots and 1 agp.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
The only dvb card (box?) that has a CI and works with media portal is the FireDTV. Although twinhan has bda drivers which makes it run on media portal you can't use this card to watch encrypted tv since bda drivers doesn't support decoding encrypted tv. Watch out for the hauppauge nexus/technotrend premium cards as they are not supported/will not work with media portal at the moment.

/Peter

A

Anonymous

Ok. So you say that these two wont work? :-(

TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2.asp) for Comhem cable-tv (with CA-module)

TwinhanDTV Ter-CI (http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_6.asp) for Boxer terrestial digital-tv (with CA-module)

Is it just with Mediaportal they wont work or does it not matter what program I use? Can I not watch encrypted channels on a computer with these cards?

Thanks for all the help.

lugiber

Portal Pro
August 3, 2004
Sweden
Kabiki said:
Ok. So you say that these two wont work? :-(

TwinhanDTV Cab-CI (http://www.twinhan.com/product_cable_2.asp) for Comhem cable-tv (with CA-module)

TwinhanDTV Ter-CI (http://www.twinhan.com/product_terrestrial_6.asp) for Boxer terrestial digital-tv (with CA-module)

Is it just with Mediaportal they wont work or does it not matter what program I use? Can I not watch encrypted channels on a computer with these cards?

Thanks for all the help.

At the present these cards won't allow you to watch encrypted tv with media portal. I don't know how they work with other software but i would be surprised if they wouldn't work with the software provided with the cards. A word of warning though, i have read many posts on other forums made by users that have had trouble getting these cards to work at all. Many of them were comhem users.

/Peter

Users who are viewing this thread