DVB-T card with CI? (1 Viewer)

moremetall

Portal Member
October 29, 2004
Sweden
Hi DMAN!

I'm trying to get some people (including me) to get fonding to be able to buy a card and a CAM for the project. So a questions ...

What's the best way for you to, to get a card + CAM deliver to you/MP project to get the money to buy the unit at you location. I'm not sure what kind och CAM you need in UK to be able to de scramble the channels. If so whatis the estimated cost, say in EUR? (estimation around 160-200EUR based on the pricing in Sweden, could be cheaper in UK due to locer tax and ...)

It's not an guarante the I will mange this but I will try.

To you all Swedish people on the forum... I have started a tread in the prisjakt forum for this issue... so if you are interesting to get this board supportet kindly look into following link:

http://www.prisjakt.nu/forum/index.php?s=fef3e00f5c6012560db4dd9feac82505&showtopic=93522

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I won't be doing it, more than likely Frodo.
    Martin from Digital Rise has offered a card so hold off for now.
    Work is focused on 0.1.2.0 stability at this time so it will be after May 7th.

A CAM may be required...

DMAN

moremetall

Portal Member
    October 29, 2004
    Sweden
    Hi DMAN and Frodo!

Got following from Twinhan yesturday: If I get the adress they will send you a card as well. (If it's still is interesting) , regarding CAM I will return.

Kind Regards
    Micael

Dear Michael

Nice to hear you again
    We are willing to send one board for them test.
    Please help me to give correct contact person and his address for shipping.
    Also for his connect method, which we can release our BDA driver for him

Nick

A

Anonymous

dman_lfc said:
    Very cool - ok thanks for the info.
    I'll see what can be done.

DMAN

Hello!

I too am a Twinhan user with a CI interface. Are we going to get support for it in MP any time soon?

In Sweden most of the channels in the DVB-T network (Boxer) are encrypted. Only 6 channels are free out of a total of 25, so getting support for encrypted channels in MP is of great interest for ALL Swedish users (hey we are 9 million people here!)

Great work you have done with this piece of top notch software so far! I was really, really impressed with it (and I have tried quite a few DVB programs).

/Barsk

HereIam

Portal Member
    June 26, 2005
    Woerden, The Netherlands
    dman_lfc said:
    Hopefully I'll have a card and CAM to test soon.

DMAN
    Do you have the card and CAM yet? I bought the card a few weeks ago and it works fine. MediaPortal detects the card, I can autotune the card and he finds every channel (Radio and Television). Here in the Netherlands all DVB-T channels are encrypted except one TV-channel and all Radio Channels. Watching the non-encrypted channel works fine, but isn't it possible to listen DVB-T Radio Channels in MediaPortal (I can't find the settings for this, it's only possible to give a frequency). I hope we can work with the Common Interface in future to watch encrypted channels!

For users which can't autotune the card: check you have a active or passive antenna. An active antenna needs a dc voltage on the antenna-connector which the Twinhan doesn't have. In this case you have to buy a special adapter which give the dc voltage at the antenna connector. Passive antennas don't need this.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Work is being done on the satellite card version thanks to http://www.digitalrise.biz for lending us some cards and support should be generic.
    Meaning that yes it should work soon, provided the CAM and Provider is supported by the card.

DMAN

A

Anonymous

Twihan DVB-t CI and Wellton Way AB MultiMedia Center (MMC)

I just like to inform that Wellton Way's MultiMedia Center (MMC) also works with the Twinhan DVB-t CI, both with SCM and Aston CA modules and works well with Boxer smartcards here in Sweden. They had issues but it seems like the latest release solved some recording bugs... Next thing they will implement is subtitle support and teletext support, what I've heard.

I look forward and welcome CI support for the Twinhan cards, keep up the god work guys.

Users who are viewing this thread