DVBT 2 (1 Viewer)

Alphathon

Portal Pro
July 15, 2010
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I don't think so - I just enabled Watchdog, so if it happens again it should log it (presumably - I've never looked into crash logs etc for MP). If it does it anyway and this is something separate, could you point me to where I might find them please?

Also, I don't know if it is just the client waiting for the server. It seems to last for far longer than that would require (several minutes usually).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Don't quote me on this (not at home so I can't make sure I'm right) :p

For XP:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\Client\Log
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\TV Server\Log

For Vista/7:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\Client\Log
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\TV Server\Log

Several minutes is unusual. I would have thought that up to 5 seconds (a regular-long channel switch) would have been more reasonable. Would you mind clearing you logs (just delete the files, they'll be recreated) and then trying a manual recording. When the freeze finishes, take a copy of both the client and server logs, zip them up, and then post them here.

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    OK, I tried and failed a few times to upload the clip, but to no avail; my internet connection just isn't fast or stable enough to handle it. Could you maybe talk me through what you'd be doing with it and I could post my findings back here?

I think the record/freeze bug can be ignored; either I had a bad installation or it's a bug in 1.2.0 (I think I must've downloaded it by accident instead of 1.1.2 last time I upgraded), because it seems to be fixed now I've reinstalled 1.1.2.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, I tried and failed a few times to upload the clip, but to no avail; my internet connection just isn't fast or stable enough to handle it. Could you maybe talk me through what you'd be doing with it and I could post my findings back here?

I think the record/freeze bug can be ignored; either I had a bad installation or it's a bug in 1.2.0 (I think I must've downloaded it by accident instead of 1.1.2 last time I upgraded), because it seems to be fixed now I've reinstalled 1.1.2.
    There are two files from last night for Little Noise Sessions on 4HD on ftp. One is reporting AVC (H264) video and AAC audio but it could be corrupt as I was having issue playing it.

We just want samples so we can try and get this working.

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Right, I've recorded another clip, which is uploading now. This one features the end of an episode of QI, some bumpers, two ads and the beginning of some history/archæology program recorded on BBC HD.

The sound on QI was fine, as was the BBC HD bumper. The sound on the first ad… thing (some drama about Live-Aid I think) was very high pitched and garbled, as if sped-up, and the video was jerky. The second ad… thing (involving penguins and Sir Attenborough) was fine, as was the second BBC HD bumper. The history/archæology program was also screwed up in the same way as first ad was. To me it seems like the audio for the ad/history program are being broadcast using a different format (bitrate, number of channels, type of audio description etc) but the decoder isn't picking it up, assumes its the same as before and so decodes it incorrectly.

Quite interestingly,* the title for QI showed up as QI (and does elsewhere in the EPG, on both BBC HD and BBC One HD), while everything else is still the garbled mess it was before. I am not currently using WebEPG or any kind of XMLTV (although I was when I recorded the Little Noise Sessions stuff the other day, before I reinstalled MP to deal with my other issues). I don't know if this is significant or not, but it piqued my interest.

*see what I did there? ;)

Update:
    I still can't seem to upload it. I keep loosing connection for a short period part way through, which kills the upload. I'll try once more tomorrow, but after that I don't really see the point in trying again.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    *see what I did there? ;)
    :p

Update:
    I still can't seem to upload it. I keep loosing connection for a short period part way through, which kills the upload. I'll try once more tomorrow, but after that I don't really see the point in trying again.

How big is the file? Could possibly be our ftp server which is not great. Any samples we can get will greatly improve the changes of us getting this to work properly in MP. I know it is a pain but a sample where which we can play about with would be particularly helpful

Could you try something like dropbox.com instead and upload it there?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    ...either try another upload site, or maybe try connecting in non-passive mode...

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    The file itself is about 200 MB. I'll try the ftp here once more and if it fails again I'll upload it to my own webspace (or some upload site if it needs to be up for a while).

I don't know how to connect in non-passive mode (or even if I'm in passive mode atm). I'm using FileZilla if you know how to check/change the setting.

Users who are viewing this thread