DVBT 2 (3 Viewers)

wrighta

Portal Member
July 25, 2006
West Lothian, Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Just got confirmation of shipment yesterday, 10/12/10! Planning a new build as had issues since updating to 1.1.2. Will post when have more info.

bishyb

Portal Member
December 6, 2006
Home Country
Ordered one on friday too, hopefully get my shipment confirmation soon too then :)

Alphathon

Portal Pro
July 15, 2010
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Well, I got my card in the post today (they still haven't emailed me to tell me it's been dispatched though :s) and it seems to be working in MediaPortal… sort-of. Video is working fine but I can't seem to get audio to work. I don't know if it's n issue with settings, MediaPortal itself or the Codec, but I suspect the latter. Is there any way to use a codec other than Monogram decoder?

Alphathon

Portal Pro
July 15, 2010
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Do you have any other AAC codecs to try? (or is it locked to Monogram?)

Might be worth reading
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...em-monogram-aac-decoder-hd-tv-playback-85374/

Um, sort-of. For video playback I have it set to use ffdshow (and there are a few others available), but for TV playback I can only select Monogram. I had a read of that link earlier and it didn't seem to help - I'll keep looking through the forums though.

Also, I tried it in Windows Media Center and the audio works fine there (don't know what codec it uses)… unfortunately it's Media Center ;).

P.S. Doctor Who - The Waters of Mars is playing on BBC HD atm and it looks absolutely stunning :D… Channel 4 news upscaled on
4HD not so much ;)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    I had a read of that link earlier and it didn't seem to help - I'll keep looking through the forums though.
    Did you try the different decoder in that thread? No idea what is different but it is twice the size of the normal filter.

I guess Win7 uses the MS DTV audio codec.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Try the DivX audio codec if you can get it. I've seen other people report that it works okay for Freeview HD...

Alphathon

Portal Pro
    July 15, 2010
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Did you try the different decoder in that thread? No idea what is different but it is twice the size of the normal filter.

Yeah I did, and it didn't help. I also tried earlier versions of Monogram, which didn't work either.

Try the DivX audio codec if you can get it. I've seen other people report that it works okay for Freeview HD...

I'm sure it does. The problem is that I can't seem to use anything other than Monogram, which isn't working for some reason. I've heard that there's a modified tsreader.ax floating about somewhere that lets you use other decoders, but I haven't been able to find it.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

I'm sure it does. The problem is that I can't seem to use anything other than Monogram, which isn't working for some reason. I've heard that there's a modified tsreader.ax floating about somewhere that lets you use other decoders, but I haven't been able to find it.
    What do you mean by "I can't seem to use anything other than Monogram"? Have you actually tried to install the DivX codec (which *I think* should be installed with the free DivX bundle)?
    The codecs that are available are available because you have installed them. Some get installed automatically as a part of installing other programs, but you can install whatever you like. In other words, you're not just limited to what is available right now. You can get other codecs...

Users who are viewing this thread