EPG satellite (1 Viewer)

madmacka

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Home Country
Does MP support grabing of epg data for satellite TV. I have the grabepg ticked for the channels i want but dont seem to any data

Im receiving Selectv through a twinhan 1034 CI in australia. every thing but the epg works fine.

cheers

wazmau

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Have you had any success? I use the same card for selectv and have no problems with the epg. The only channels that don't work reliably are weatherzone and euronews.

Warren

madmacka

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Home Country
wazmau,

i havent got around to reading the instructions again for media portal.. maybe im just missing something.

im using an xml epg downloader and importing atm :(

will re read and try again when i have time..

wazmau

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Hi,

If you have the EPG working for the normal TV channels on your TV cards, then just do the same for the Select channels. I was using the external downloader at first as well as the EPG didn't seem to be working and then a couple of channels started to fill by them selves so I turned the external off and all is now good. Not sure but I suspect that select may have changed something as I am sure I didn't do anything different. I have since rebuilt (was running RC1 now on RC3) as my HD died. The Select EPG filled before any of the FTA stuff and I have 3 TV cards. The one thing I do have ticked is to (can't remember the exact wording and I am at work at present) grab EPG while viewing the viewing the channel. The channel has to be unscrambled to even get the EPG I think so while viewing seems to be a great time to get that channel.

let me know if you still have problems and I document my exact setting and see if they help you.

Warren

madmacka

Portal Member
September 30, 2008
Home Country
Theres no digital TV in my area i have to grab EPG from the net for the FTA channels. but EPG data im getting from the net for selectv is missing some channels and the data seems to be wrong from time to time.

Actually, i have real issues with the cam for selectv every time i boot the computer or wake from sleep i need to remove the cam and re insert. the computer reports it as not present untill i do so. also while watching selectv it stops decoding the channel. usualy if i close MP and restart the TVserver it comes back.

IF you not having this problem could you tell me the following.

Twinhan driver version
CAM revison
OS
and version / svn of you MP installation.

Im planing on a full re install of the computer now that i have a decent TV tuner card with hardware mpeg2 . the pinnicle card was jerky and slow in MP but strangly it was fine in Vista MCE. either way its gone!

cheers for the help so far.:D

wazmau

Portal Member
May 29, 2008
Home Country
Hi,

I have a Twinhan 1034 PCI card and a Irdeto Version 2.21A CAM. I have them in the box with 2 Leadtek 2300H and 1 Leadtek 3200H cards. The OS is XP with all patches installed and I am running RC3 (no svn) on a Gigabyte GA-MA78G-DS3H motherboard and an AMD 4800 CPU. The Twinhan driver I have is the one that came in the box v1.054 so nothing special there I wouldn't think.

I occasionally have the same problem as you but it would only be maybe once in 7 - 10 days and I just restart the box. Quicker than mucking round with a different program and easier for everyone else in the house too.

No digital? Where do you live?

Warren

Users who are viewing this thread