Failed to load XML (1 Viewer)

melmak21

Portal Pro
February 24, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
By Scanning for new series i cant receive metadata for it.
The Failure is:

Failed to load XML: ' ', hexidezimaler Wert 0x0B, ist ein ungültiges Zeichen. Zeile 897, Position 87.

Please help!

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There was some invalid data entered in for: SOKO Leipzig:

I edited, and possibly fixed it...you might want to double check the overview and make sure its correct.

melmak21

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Failed to load XML

Same Failure, different Line.
    There no metadata for this Serie...

I'd attached the Log

melmak21

Portal Pro
    February 24, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Failed to load XML

Hi
    i've the same problem with another series.
    SOKO Kitzbühel
    Failure: hexadezimaler Wert 0x1f ist ein ungültiges Zeichen, Zeile 1306 Position 464
    Can you fix it again?
    THX

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Re: AW: Failed to load XML

Hi
    i've the same problem with another series.
    SOKO Kitzbühel
    Failure: hexadezimaler Wert 0x1f ist ein ungültiges Zeichen, Zeile 1306 Position 464
    Can you fix it again?
    THX

It looks like TheTVdB admins are getting tired of people submitting bad encoded data (unicode, wrong ISO, etc), so they removed the entire 'SOKO Kitzbühel' series.

At least I can't locate it: TheTVdB search for 'SOKO'

ryan20021982

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 27, 2008
    USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America

It looks like TheTVdB admins are getting tired of people submitting bad encoded data (unicode, wrong ISO, etc), so they removed the entire 'SOKO Kitzbühel' series.

At least I can't locate it: TheTVdB search for 'SOKO'

Make sure you dont have only english set, I had to logout to find it

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006

I can locate at TheTVDB: SOKO Kitzbühel: Series Info
    Is this a problem of the TheTVDB when i can't receive no Metadata?

Ok I added English title for it that does not have weird chars that probably freak out the search system. So give it a few hours tops for TheTVdB to reindex the database so that series will actually show up on an API search.

TheTVdB API Search for 'SOKO' that should reveal your show eventually

The underlying problem however is that somewhere in a title, or description another bad character was used causing the original XML parsing error. These entries were clearly copy-and-pasted by somebody who does not understand that they can't blindly add Unicode characters to a system that will freak out over the wrong set when it tries to convert it to XML.

Users who are viewing this thread