Feature Requests & Bug Reports (1 Viewer)

mskr4him

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 31, 2010
    Home Country
    Thank you very much for all the work you have put into developing this great skin, I really like it. There is one item I am having problems with and I don't see anyone else addressing it to it must be something I am doing wrong. The topbar, I don't see it and I don't know any other way to stop a song or video, am I missing something? I appreciate your help. Thanks.

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi mskr4him,

Thank you for your feedback. This skin does not support the topbar. If you use a remote you can press stop. If you use keyboard it is the B key to stop a song/video.

best regards
    cul8er

bwg

Portal Pro
    December 25, 2007
    Home Country
    Hi cul8er, first thanks for the great skin! I'm loving it.

My request relates to free / remaining drive space for tv recordings. Is it possible to show this on the recorded tv and schedule screens? Can the property be addressed via the HTPC info plugin? or is something else required?

Please let me know what you think can be done.

Thanks.

clanmackenzi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2008
    Paris, France
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Hi Cul8er, been using this skin for some time now and cannot imagine changing - keep up the great work... I do have a minor request on usablity though - when you select a program to record from the guide it becomes a little confusing for new users. If you select OK you set a one time recording and the advanced record option is no longer available unless you cancel the recording and start over but this time go to menu and advanced recordings first. This is OK once you know the sequence but for the non technical, WAF and visitors etc I think this could be more intuitive.

My request is to bring up the advanced recording options whenever a recording request is selected - I think this was the case on a much earlier version. Anyway, not a major issue but would appreciate it if you could have a little look.

Thanks again and keep up the great work...

Edit - Another option is to set the defualt to record series (Y/N) - dont know about others but for me this is what I usually want to do when I find a program that I want to record.

vl002001

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2008
    So I've been using the skin for a few days and have a few questions/suggestions.

1. I liked the old yellow menu in basichome better. I remember there being talk about this being an option for the future, is it still being considered?

2. In a few places, when you first enter, the thumbnail is blank. For instance, when you first enter Onlinevideos or MyEmulators in icon mode, the first icon will be selected but the bigger picture will be blank. When you navigate to select a different icon, then everything works normally and that icon shows up in the second place.

3. Is there a way you can make "keepaspectratio" to yes instead of no as an option? I noticed in a few places like LastFM, the default is to distort the pictures. I think it looks better to keep the aspect ratio the same and have a little bit of the picture cropped off rather than to have distorted images of the artist. This one is no big deal, because we can change it ourselves fairly easy if it's difficult to implement the option.

4. Fanart in LastFM and other places doesn't seem to work right when the scrapper doesn't find the artist. I have it set to show random pictures from a folder if the scrapper comes up empty. I would imagine that this would mean the picture from that folder changes. However, the picture stays the same until you close and restart mediaportal. Is there any way to make the picture rotate every 60 seconds? Also, when the scrapper doesn't find the artist, this is what happens. First, it flashes a picture of a random fanart in the folder, then it lands on the second picture that never changes. Is there a way it doesn't rotate through two pictures every time? It makes things look less smooth.

*Edited: 5. Would it be possible to have a total movie count or total series count like in streamedmp? it's nice to know exactly how many movies or series are in each category.

Thanks!

gofmarat

Portal Member
    May 1, 2009
    Hi cul8er, I'd like to thank you for your AMAZING work on the skin, after using a few this is definitely my favorite one,
    I have 2 questions:
    1. When watching a movie or a tv series using the moving pictures/mytvseries plugins, when I click 'back' on the remote control, the movie keeps playing in a small box, but I don't know how to go back to the movie to make it in full screen, is it even possible?
    2. I heard there is a new subtitle plugin coming up SubCentral it is called, will you add support for it, because I think for many people it will improve their hometheater experience.
    cheers!

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi gofmarat :)

For point 1 you can look here
    For point 2 we will have to wait for the man cul8er himself

Users who are viewing this thread