Feature Requests & Bug Reports (2 Viewers)

gofmarat

Portal Member
May 1, 2009
Cul8er, will the skin support the new subtitle plugin coming up, it's called SubCentral, a few skins already support it.
cheers!

Octagon

Portal Member
February 24, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Two splashscreen questions...

Would it be possible to treat the splashscreen like fanart/backdrops? I know how to replace the splashscreen but think it might be kind of cool to be able to select a set of shots (lobbies of different theaters, for instance) and have them rotate or be randomly selected at startup.

Is it possible to disable the 'countdown timer' display when MP is set to wait X number of seconds before starting? I don't know if that's a skin question or an MP question (and I understand why it's there) but I'd love to get rid of it on a stable system.

Thanks in advance for any feedback anybody might have...

red_zebra

Portal Pro
September 1, 2009
Leipzig
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi cul8er! I have the following problem with on-screen-keyboard:

The line where the search phrase is shown, has a transparent background. Unfortunately in most cases where the search is needed, the background is black or at least very dark, so it is impossible to see what I just typed in the virtual keyboard (see screenshot below)... Is there a possibility to make the background of the search line white or light grey again? and which is the xml-file needed? Thank you!

edit: it doesn't matter if I use the on screen keyboard in Online-Videos, Last.FM or Music Search plugin - it's the same problem everywhere

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    176.2 KB

bwg

Portal Pro
December 25, 2007
Home Country
Hi cul8er! I have the following problem with on-screen-keyboard:

The line where the search phrase is shown, has a transparent background. Unfortunately in most cases where the search is needed, the background is black or at least very dark, so it is impossible to see what I just typed in the virtual keyboard (see screenshot below)... Is there a possibility to make the background of the search line white or light grey again? and which is the xml-file needed? Thank you!

edit: it doesn't matter if I use the on screen keyboard in Online-Videos, Last.FM or Music Search plugin - it's the same problem everywhere
Red_Zebra, I had the same issue, please check this thread for how I got around it...

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France
    Re : Feature Requests & Bug Reports

I Cul8er,

i'm now using your wonderful skin for many days, and i like to share some bugs reports and feature request :

- BR1- under recorded TV, it is written "Recordings"... even in french ! Then i went in "mytvrecordedtv.xml", found 3 "recordings" that i replace with "Enregistrements" (the french translation) and this is OK. Can't we put there a "language code" to have this word auto in the right language ?

- BR2 - when i first went on radio, nothing appears... then i understood that you only support list view (and in previous skin i was on icons view), then went on blue3wide, choose list, back on xfactor and all is ok. Do you plan to have an icon view ? Or even a warning message ?

- FR1 - In list view, we have only 5 items like in others views, on other skins this view has twice more items (on item per lines, here you use 2 lines for on item). Can't you have one record per line to have more items ? (and then the red round for recording in progress could be on the same line). If you do not plan to change that (i can understand this is your skin !) can you tell me which .xml i should alter, and give me some advice - thanks

- FR2 - when under "list view" on MP video plugin we can not tell files from folders, isn't it a good idea to add a little icon (or change text color, attribute or so) to know where folder are ? I thing this is really important to see at first sight were are files and where are folders when browsing its video database

Thanks for your reply, your skin really enhance my HTPC experience and grows up WAF !

Last thing : do you have a donate link ? I thing that when somebody does a great job users should give something (MePo team, Hoborg with SAF, HuHa with his wonderful plugins, ...)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi cehes,

Thanks for your feedback. I will see what I can do to improve this.

About donations, if you like something I have done (x-factor skin, fanart handler plugin or the grooveshark plugin) and wish to donate. Then please donate to MediaPortal. The MP team are the people we really need to support ;)

best regards
    cul8er

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Tx a lot,

about donation i'm impress by what you said ... respect !
    I already done it, but i'll then do another donation to MP team as per your whish

EDIT :

about FR1 and FR2 if you need me to "beta test", you can send me updated xml files and i'll tell you how it works !

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Ok, here i am again !

- BR 3 - when under "my lyrics" at the bottom right coner there is page number, right. Then there are two triangles to go forward and backward on pages. They are swapped : the right one goes backward and the left one goes forward. If i can also add an idea, at the moment the look is like that : " 2/4 < >", i thing that would be better like that : " < 2/4 >".... only my opinion :)

- BR 4 - Under IMDB view ("i" key then IMDb under my videos) the note is a little bit too hight, then it overlaps the stars. As well font used there is a little bit small.

- BR 5 - Under xfactor config (the one under MePo, not under config) we can choose a color theme, what a great idea but this does not do anything... is it for a future release or do i use it in a bad way ?

Tx

cehes

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 25, 2008
    Landes
    Home Country
    France France

Is there somebody there :)

Well i'll continue asking some FR and giving some BR !

- FR3 - When on "my video", on the right you have the file list and on the left some details (name, year, genre, runtime, rating,...), please can you ad these 3 things :
    - Size of the file (as we do not have on the list)
    - set of icon thats say the property of the video (like when viewing i press on "i" then up) : when you have 720, divx, 5.1, CC and so on, you see what i mean ?
    - film rating
    I know that moving picture is doing all of that, but i already used it, this is a very good plugin but not really useful for my MePo use...
    Maybe you can only tell me the name of the files that are use for the list view and the detailled (IMDB) view, and i'll try to manage by myself... will try !

tx

Users who are viewing this thread